Archery Talk Forum banner

Fast Fish Cleaning

523 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  MattyB
I just watched the deer beboning vid and thought some might like to see a fish cleaning vid as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE_ZN1mHKvo
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's OK, but I like my fillets without bones....and why gut a fish that's being filleted?
No, bones in that fillet after stomach gets trimed out. Guts went one way and all fish heads and bones went another.. everything but guts will be used for something

· snıuǝƃ ɹǝʇsɐ&#6
1,984 Posts
No, bones in that fillet after stomach gets trimed out. Guts went one way and all fish heads and bones went another.. everything but guts will be used for something
eh? He just zipped that knife from tail to head....holding it flat....where'd the rib bones go? Gutting it first didn't remove them.

I have never cleaned Mahi.....but lord knows I have filleted a bazillion walleye and yellow perch in my life. If you just hold your knife flat and run it from tail to head like that all the ribs are still in the fillet.

With a regular fillet knife you can work your knife around the ribs and leave them attached to the carcass. Then you can skin it and have a comepletely skinless boneless fillet.

We now use electric fillet knives a lot on walleyes and do it much the same way as in this video. Once the fillet is off the fish we then remove the ribcage.

Maybe there was another worker we couldnt see who was doing this step.....removing ribs and skin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.