Archery Talk Forum banner

Fastest Strings

1987 Views 29 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Big Ragu
With all the custom strings on the market, I was wondering which ones are known to boost your arrow speed significantly?
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
9,602 Posts
Whoever uses the least amount of serving necessary.....and 8125.

I used Cracker's string and usually pick up some speed. He builds his strings with 452X and there is still an increase in speed.....and the stability of 452X. Although 8125 is faster, I will stick with his 452X strings.

· Registered
Rytera Nemesis, Easton Pro Hunters, Muzzy 3 blade, tru-Ball hinge release.
2,119 Posts
Awsome strings

Tailor Maid) strings are faster on my Katera and pro elite then the other strings i have tried by a few feet per second, and are super super tough, i put 18,000 shots on my Tailor maid strings and cables they are as tough as they come and the (Tux's) come in any color combo you want. Tailor made bow strings defiantly help me thread the needle.:wink::tongue:

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
I've had the best luck with "John's Customs", he goes by Breathn on here...
He builds with 452x and Halo end servings and I've picked up speed on every bow I've put them on.

· Registered
5,369 Posts
ALL my strings iv had done from JOHNS CUSTOMS (breathn)i have them on 5 diffrent bows(he uses 452x) and i have picked up from 3fps up to 12 fps(on hoyts), great strings,Superior worksmanship:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

· Registered
1,921 Posts
I use mostly 8125 due to its consistancy from one color to the next. It really doesnt move much more than 452X. Winners choice uses moslty 8125 as well. I feel 8125 got a bad name from bad string builders building junk strings with it. And yes it is faster due to its light weight.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Like Tax Lawyer said , it depends on the material used and amount of strands and serving ..

· Banned
3,222 Posts
Some guys run 8125 / ts-1 string for speed and 452-450 / Xcel-Ucam cables trying to get a foundation for stability .since the string is what really moves the most & drives the shot. The cables just wrap around the cams and hold everything together.
I have just been running 20 strands of 452 on the string.But, now that Ive thought about it more, my next set will probably be 8125 string/452 cables.

its the material and the strands particularly in the string.

Bnastycrackers cant tie a faster string than TwistedHMTiny or visa versa

· Registered
8,686 Posts
With all the custom strings on the market, I was wondering which ones are known to boost your arrow speed significantly?
what would you consider significant?

You should go over to either the Pro Field forum or maybe The other forum and ask a Pro about the BCY not dye not waxed bowstring material that they make the strings with.
No dye, no wax = lighter string material = faster string speed = faster arrow speed. However they will wear out quicker a lot quicker.
I don't know if the change is significant or not.

· Reverend
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Secret Material???

Winners choice uses moslty 8125 as well. I feel 8125 got a bad name from bad string builders building junk strings with it. And yes it is faster due to its light weight.
I thought WC and VaporTrail used a proprietary string material that has been kept secret from the public?

Also, can these materials, 8125, 452, TC1, etc. be combined? You know to create the best of both worlds.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.