Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2 doz. 2212. Want to use a fastset glue for a faster job on vanes and points, which ones work the best?? Thanks in advance. Eddie

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Try this

Hey Ed,

I've used Goat Tuff with very good luck! The thing to remember is...surface preperation!!! First, use the proper size copper gun barrel brush to LITELY score the inside of the shaft. 2, use the scotch brite pad to score the insert surface. Next, CLEAN both surfaces with a residue less cleaner. I prefer Accetone.

Apply the Goat Tuff evenly over the insert suface and install with a twisting motion QUICKLY as it will set up. Spin the arrow , point end, in your hand to assure there is no woble.

That's it....your done and on your way to hours of enjoyable shooting. I will say that some people have had bad results with this product....but I can't atest to thier assembly process!

I can't advise you on the vanes for aluminum though, I shoot vanes with carbon arrows and feathers on my aluminum. The Fastset works great on carbons and the Bond Tite is king for me with feathers on carbons. I use Fletch Tite for feathers on aluminum.

Good luck, Tim.:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Eddie, For vanes on aluminums I've always had the best luck with AAE fastset gel. After fletching the vanes you cant rip them off I've tried, they have to be cut off and it fully sets up about 2 minutes. I've never tried it on points or inserts, I use a hot melt adhesive for that.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I used Bohning fast set gel on alum, once and the vanes didnt stick.
I later found others that had trouble getting the Bohning fast set gel sticking to alum.
It worked great on carbon.
To set the record straight , I Prep the shafts well.
Chuck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
fast set glue for aluminum?????????

I use the fast set glue w/No problems on aluminum.I clean the shft w/ acetone.I also use AAE vanes which have never come off on me.Same w/carbons except i use denatured alcohol.I wont use acetone on carbon. Archer 65

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I used goat tuff on the points and durabond on the 3" dura vanes. So far so good!!!! Thanks again Eddie F.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts