Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there like the Fat boys arrows?

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
NO I don't I bought a dozen last year 6 were so bent when I spun them they were junk! BUT my buddy has them & they are straight & fly well.
I just got a bad bunch but it still cost me $100.00 :cry:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love mine. Seem to be pretty tough as well. And to top it off, when non-archers ask why they say FATBOY on them, I just tell them that I had them personalized. :eek:

·
Registered
201 Posts
have noticed a big effect the wind has on them? I've never tried them but its windy where we shoot. I would hate to shoot myself in the foot, let alone a deer in the butt.

·
Banned
7,817 Posts
Unless it's a strong wind it won't affect the arrow tooo much out to 40 yards or so...

I figured the skinnier arrow would be superior in those situations but shooting above 280 there shouldn't be too much...maybe just a little planing

·
Registered
223 Posts
How wold these compair to xx-78 2315? How much if any lighter or stiffer?
i curently shoot the Black Max 400's and 2315's all with helical 4" feathers. Also have some ICS 400's in feathers. Shooting 28/60 V-Tec.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Much lighter! I shoot the 500's and they are only 7.3 gpi. If you are shooting the 400's they are 7.8 gpi. I am using mine for 3-D not hunting!

64lb
29"
344gr arrow
289fps

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I have shot both 400 and 500 fatboys out of my Conquest. I like them both only trouble was the 400 were a bit stiff and 500 a bit weak so I dropped a couple of pounds to get then to fly straight.

First time out with them I scored a 2nd in 3D shoot.

Good shafts :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Love Em

Shoot em with 2.25" QS and love them.....would not consider changing and have had no problems at all with 6+ dozen. The only drawback is that when you hit something hard (non-foam) you may break them. Definately not for hunting.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Shooting the 400's for 3D and the 340's for hunting. Love 'em.

·
Registered
94 Posts
fatboy

:thumbs_up I started shooting them about 6 months ago, love them I have 2inch quik spins an they group great. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
265 Posts
I shoot the fatboy 400 out of my hoyt magnatec. I love them. They won me an asa state title in my first year. I shoot them at 28 inches 58lbs 265 fps. :teeth:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts