Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide if I wan to go with Fat Boys or stick with my Flatlines for 3D. I'd be giving up a bit of speed with the Fat Boys and according to TAP I'd be getting a lot more drop out to 35-40 yards. Linejammers cost me even more speed.
Any input???

·
Registered
2,929 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
boy oh boy

I love it when we get on this one! Here is something noone ever considers. Question for you guys like me who occasionaly MISS a target. I have proved this to myself and wonder if anone else has considered it. Miss a target with a goldtip expedition hunter or an eason axis. And 8 out of 10 times. You will recover an entacct shaft. Mis a target with a 9.3 or a fatboy and your lucky if your able to remove all the pieces off the range. Yes speed is a consideration as well as line cutting capibility. But what about the longivity and toughness of the shaft itself. Not to take away from the thread and hope I don't offend the poster but I would like some feedback on my thought. Thanks andy

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
If you are shooting unmarked distance the skinny shafts will always win out all else being equal.less drag equals less drop tighter pins gaps. My scores jumped big time when i finally found this out by trying all the different arrows. Waisted alot of money but i learned alot in the process.ps i got some fayboys/clx2/x-cutters/linejammers/ultrlite 22 pros all for sale,i will be shooting 3-28 acc's from now on.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
If you are shooting unmarked distance the skinny shafts will always win out all else being equal.less drag equals less drop tighter pins gaps. My scores jumped big time when i finally found this out by trying all the different arrows. Waisted alot of money but i learned alot in the process.ps i got some fayboys/clx2/x-cutters/linejammers/ultrlite 22 pros all for sale,i will be shooting 3-28 acc's from now on.
Im trying ace's this year:mg: Hoping to pick up some yardage with high foc and a super low draw coefficient!

·
DeaD Middle
4,447 Posts
Levi, McCarthy, Hopkins...3D and Fat shafts these guys don't use skinny what's that tell you. They can shoot any arrow they want as long as it's from their sponsors company. McCarthy shoots Fatboy's wouldn't you think Easton would want him to shoot ACE's, ProTour's or Navigators?

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
small is better

Hopkins shot aces all the ibo's and only dropped one 8 in like 160 arrows pretty sure that no one did that with fat shafts.Not takinf away from the other shooters they all could kick my a--.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i'm a big fan of cxl's, they aren't very picky arrows

that being said, i also really like easton lightspeed 3d's too

i'd go with a larger diameter for asa, and a smaller, faster shaft for ibo

fwiw

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Levi, McCarthy, Hopkins...3D and Fat shafts these guys don't use skinny what's that tell you. They can shoot any arrow they want as long as it's from their sponsors company. McCarthy shoots Fatboy's wouldn't you think Easton would want him to shoot ACE's, ProTour's or Navigators?
well something to keep in mind... levi,mcarthy,hopkins,gillingham,ect.ect. can also guess within a 1/2 a yard of anything they are shooting at. the line cutting ability is what they are after, don't think they are really concerned about the drag/drop so much.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I wouldn't shoot ACEs, protours, or navigators or easton new one ACGs for 3D. that would get expensive if you get a group of guys or gals that can bound the 12 ring. You have to shoot what tunes for you or what you like more. I personally like the CX line-jammers with pin knocks so that my friends don't break all of my arrows. lol. I trust my judging ability so I shoot big arrows and want to cut lines. my friend shoots CX Maxima 3D selects because they fly the best for him and he thinks that his scores are higher with them. so shoot what works best for you.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
This could be the difference between a 10 and a 12 and winning and losing. my friends arrow would have been out with a small shafted arrow. just picture to add to the comment and make it a little more fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I love it when we get on this one! Here is something noone ever considers. Question for you guys like me who occasionaly MISS a target. I have proved this to myself and wonder if anone else has considered it. Miss a target with a goldtip expedition hunter or an eason axis. And 8 out of 10 times. You will recover an entacct shaft. Mis a target with a 9.3 or a fatboy and your lucky if your able to remove all the pieces off the range. Yes speed is a consideration as well as line cutting capibility. But what about the longivity and toughness of the shaft itself. Not to take away from the thread and hope I don't offend the poster but I would like some feedback on my thought. Thanks andy
You are thinking all wrong,Why would you plan on missing a target?:confused:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
victory 22HV's are really good as well and dont really lose that much speed 55lbs and i was still hitting the 280 mark for asa and i am with treeman why would you plan on missing LOL :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
actually hopkins doesn't shoot fat shafts...he actually shoots skinny's :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Jeff Hopkins shoots aces for IBO and big Aluminums for ASA.

Chance won the IBO Worlds shooting aces.

Regardless of size shoot a good shot in the middle, and they hit in the middle.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
If I shott ASA I would go large arrow but for IBO I would go light weight.

In the UK we have a 300fps limit and my CXLs chrono in the 290s.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts