Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you would shoot these arrows for spots and 3D? Is it better to have the extra diam or is it better to shoot something better like the Easton ACC? Thanks!:tongue:

·
Registered
685 Posts
arrows

My Dealer sold me some arrows when I first bought.
I ask for arrows that would shoot through my Parker and my XT and hold broadheads all day long.
Well Don set me up with Gold Tip Ultralight X-Cutters with 4 Duravanes, 85g field points and if I went hunting I figured on using 100 g broadheads.
These arrows are the 25/64 ,"linebreakers" my buddy calls them. BUT I saw my 60# Parker Buck Hunter blow a generic 100 graind Bh on one COMPLETELY through a 1700 lb cow/bull that had been hit by car but still running loose.Dont get me wrong it probably only went another 100 to 150 ft after but it went all the way through. Sold me.
My dealer told me its like this would you use tooth pick to hold the broadhead steady or a broom stick. Thin sticks dont work well with broadheads, a hunter, bow dealer with LOTS of experience and I realy trust him because his reasoning and points are sound.
Good luck on your choice.

·
Banned
910 Posts
there fine. they make a Beman fatboy clone, i forgot what they call it, but for whatever reason , they sell for less than the fats. Goldtip series 22 ultra lite aint a bad choice either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts