Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at trying a new arrow this offseason. The Victory Rip, BE Rampage, Axis type size. You guys running the standard half out? Fire Nock product? The Axis with 50 grain brass insert looks interesting.

Xpedition Explorer SS 67 lbs, 28” draw and looking at the 340/350 spine.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
As far as the arrow is concerned, it depends on what weight you are trying to achieve. Rampage and RIP have a similar gpi and Axis are heavier. I personally like both Rampage and RIP SS half out offerings. I personally don't care for the HIT insert as they always seem to differ in depth after installing them. Good luck on the decision.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
845 Posts
I used Easton Axis FMJ 300 with a 75 grain insert, x nock, wrap, x3 blazers, and a 100 grain head. Burnt thru two does and a yote like a hot knife, and hits like a train. I’ll be switching to straight carbon 5mm Axis next year, because the FMJs was carryon so much KE they would bury into the ground and bend.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I really like my BE rampage arrows, but I also really liked the FMJ and axis arrows from the past. Pick the arrow that gives you the weight you want. The BE is the lightest, and the FMJ is the heaviest. Next arrow is going to be a BE Carnivore.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at 410-440 depends on each arrow I guess and which insert also. Like the idea of the steel inserts or brass for Axis for a touch more weight up front.

·
Registered
337 Posts
This year I'm goin with rip 300 with 75 gr brass HIT 29.5" I think round 465 total weight and around 15% foc. Last year I shot my mule deer with axis 340 and aluminum HIT and punched through the shoulder blade at 50 yards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Scout, Hunt, Kill!!!
4,261 Posts
I'm going to take a look at the RIP TKO Elites this year with the 60 grain half outs and some weight screwed into the back of them.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
it's difficult for me to have a "favorite", as i only have used one arrow that size. but i love them...

i went gold tip kinetic chaos, with the black eagle steel half-out (i epoxied in a 50gr HIT behind the half out for 100gr worth of insert weight). but i also covered the end of the carbon and most of the exposed half-out with a 1.75" aluminum footer. arrow build in sig. they are tough, tough arrows. way more weight than you are wanting, but i also went with .200 spine and between inserts/footer/broadhead have about 250gr up front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts