Archery Talk Forum banner

Favorite arrows for hunting and 3d

897 Views 15 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  jsurvant
I am shooting easton 4mm match grade axis, but wondered what you guys were recommending if i reconfigure for next year. I hunt in texas and mostly whitetail and deer.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
8,896 Posts
Well, when it comes to 3D, I shoot for fun, practice, and to get out with other archers.

With that in mind, I use mainly Gold Tip Ultra lights, I shoot the long targets with economy Entrada's, and close shots with same. I have no illusions that I can pick up points at most 3D ranges. And I don't suffer much pain when somebody nails one of my shafts on a turkey target, or I sail one over the gator at 50yds. If I want to score a round, I use my spot bow with Victory 23's. The extra diameter does come in handy when it comes to a couple points.

· Registered
118 Posts
I have been shooting BE Rampage for 3d and hunting since 2017. I use the same arrow build for both, since my local 3D league is essentially practice for hunting. Over the years I have taken 2 elk, 1 caribou and many whitetail with the rampages and haven't had any issues.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
Easton ACCs for both. 3-49 for 3D and 3-60s for hunting in most cases.

I switched to CE mutiny arrows from Walmart for hunting these last two years in the New England whitetail woods. At 1/2 the cost of an ACC, I’m not bothered by them smashing into a rock after a pass through. Every shot I’ve taken on a deer these last few years has resulted in a pass through that impacts a rock in the glacial moraine where I hunt. My longest shots are inside 30 yards, so the cheaper arrows still work great and don’t break the bank.

· Archery Addict
10,101 Posts
I'm hunting with Goldtip Black label arrows on one of my bow setups and Carbon Express Blu RZ's on the other 2. For 3D, I use some of my older Carbon Express Blue Streak Selects that I have found to be great with the Ritual!

· BIG FRANK....
9,072 Posts
Aluminum Arrows.

· Registered
Elite Envision
605 Posts
Victory.166 VAP TKO.
But it's more an availability thing than anything else. I'd shoot pretty much whatever is available. They are all great these days.
If looking to save money, Pandarus are making some nice carbon arrows if you can get hold of them.

· Registered
2,919 Posts
Sidenote look up Kifarucast Aron Snyder does an arrow review and it has a lot of the arrows talk about on here.

What I take from it is he thinks mostly the arrows are all about the same. Its the components that make the difference.

Like I mentioned I like the Axis 5mm the best but I shoot Gold Tip XT's. I have 3 kids shooting bows so I just standardize on a pretty standard arrow. That way I can use all the same nocks, wraps, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts