Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
What do you wanna use the sight for? Hunting? 3D? Target?
My hunting sight is a 3 pin mbg slider. The three pin allows me to change distances quickly if an animal moves but the slider allows me to shoot and practice to 120. And in my opinion mbg has the best pins I have used. Also they make one heck of a durable sight

·
Registered
18,988 Posts
Hunting best is HHA & Target DS Advantage sight.

·
Registered
137 Posts
MBG 3 pin slider

·
Snafu
1,420 Posts
If this is for hunting or for Hunter class 3D I think that the Spot Hogg Hogg-it is an excellent sight. Rugged, customizable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sight would be for hunting, I have a cheaper one now. Just trying to get some opinions of different people and what they use. Thanks guys, keep em coming.

·
Registered
613 Posts
For hunting I would definitely go with a mgb 3 pin slider. 3 pins is definitely an advantage over a single pin and it doesn't take up your whole sight picture like a 5 and 7 pin sight does. And the slider still allows you to shoot farther distances more precisely than a fixed pin would

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Anything made by Spot Hogg - rugged, reliable, accurate and built like a tank and their after sales service is brilliant - just had my Hunter repaired - SH fixed it no questions whatsoever. Now if I could just find someone with a Hogg It extension bar to sell.. LOL....

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again but I love my Black Golds. Very tough and with the photo chromatic technology you always have bright pins but not so bright that you get that star burst. Whether you go with a fixed sight or sliding single or multipin is your decision. Also depending on your budget you can get something basic and no nonsense or tricked out with all the axis adjustments and micro adjust.

·
Hunter of many things
12,154 Posts
Im a cbe fan, but I dont think you can go wrong with anything, HHA, Axcel, spott hogg or MBG. Trophy Rigde makes some decent affordable sights also. Its really just your preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Impartial Archer
18,756 Posts
One that is bright and well made...….which is most of them...…...lol. From there it's just personal preference really. But people love to push their brands.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
And the slider still allows you to shoot farther distances more precisely than a fixed pin would

And just how does this work??

1 - 20 of 55 Posts