Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite broadheads? Do they need to be alligned perfectly with my fletching to fly straight?

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
I favour NAP Nitrons at the moment. IMHO they dont have to be alligned with your fletching to fly straight, regardless of what has been said in the past.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
wac'ems and shuttle tee dont have to be inline with flech ether. but i still line them up just for personal comfort.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
slick trick magnum.......:)

·
South-Paw Shooter
2,876 Posts
Rocket Mini-Blaster. Just throw them on and go. This will make year #6 with them. They've never let me down!

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I like the Slick Tricks, Magnus Stingers and wasp bullets. They do not have to be in lione with the fletching.

·
Registered
351 Posts
THUNDERHEAD.period. all me, my brother, his girlfriend, and all my buddies use. best broadhead there is in my book. i line up my fletchins but my arrows dont fly much different when they aint.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts (and regular Stingers too!). The most sharpest, most nastiest, most wickedly evil broadhead!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
447 Posts
doak5 said:
What are your favorite broadheads? Do they need to be alligned perfectly with my fletching to fly straight?
That's a tough question! Lots of good heads. All the following shoot great out of my tuned bow, but with all the hype, the 1st deer goes down with the ST.

Slick Trick magnum
Wac 'em
Muzzy 4 blade
Nap Scorpion
Rocky mountain ironhead XP

BTW, Only the 3 blade heads are aligned. In practice I see no diff. More important-----spin test all heads!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Crossfires

IMHO there are lots of good heads, I personally shoot Crossfires which, with a properly tuned bow, fly exactly like my field points. These are excellent heads as are Muzzy, Sonic, NAP Nitrons and a few others. The truth of the matter is that I never had a "buck" question which head I used.

Mathews Switchback XT
Beaman Blackmax Elites
Whisker Bisket
NAP Crossfires - 100 Grain

I personally like fixed heads but there are a few really good mechanicals.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Rockets

The Rocket Steelhead is my alltime favorite b-head. I've shot them for several years now and everytime I try something else I fnd myself going back to these wicked lil' b-heads. :thumbs_up :cool:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts