Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The season is just around the corner and would like to try a few new mouthcalls. Over the years I have bought many which 75% of them I just do not care for.

So list your favorites so we can avoid the not so good mouthcalls. I also use different calls, pot calls, box, etc. but just interested in the better sounding mouthcalls.

Some of my favorites after trying hundreds, are
1.Pittmans Black Diamond
2. Primos True Double
3. Madd Poison
4. Gulvas Triple

· Registered
10,204 Posts
Most all companies make pretty good mouthcalls. To start with, find a call maker or style that fits the pallet of your mouth the best. Then if you are somewhat new to mouthcalls, start with a double reed with no cuts or a small one on each side. The larger and more drastic the cuts or designs in the reeds, the more difficult to control the sound and call when learning how to use a mouthcall.

· Registered
8,159 Posts
I always try 2 or 3 new ones each year but I always seem to fall back on my old reliable woodhavens.
The Red Wasp and copperhead II are my favorites and I will also fall back on a Primos True Double II at times.

· Registered
53 Posts
Calls

Quaker Boys - Twin, and raspy old hen have constantly produced.
I also like the Woodhaven mouth Calls

Good Luck this spring.

OT

· Registered
4,586 Posts
i like the signature series calls from primos, my favorite is the will primos one.

· Registered
3,807 Posts
the new hs strut stagger 3 w/ infinity latex is the best diaphram i have ever heard
If you like HS Strut, try out the Deuce Cutter and the EZ-Rasp. They are both AWESOME calls and very easy to control.

· Registered
187 Posts
woodhaven red wasp,primos boss hogg and true double,hs strut split v 111,and cane creek have done well for me.never thought wed see $10.00 mouth calls though.:(

· Registered
25,353 Posts
i love the primos A frame 2 reed bat cut. it sounds so good and i brought alot of huge birds in with it last season. it drives them and the hens crazy.

my seconds favorite is the primos 4 reed piggystack. first day i used it had a huge bird come in 12 yards away. if it wasnt for all the brush and him standing behind a tree half the time i would have destoyed him.

· Registered
1,664 Posts
I like the Woodhavens as well. The Red Wasp is my favorite, I also like the Copperhead , not sure if I have the original or the II. Quaker Boy Old Boss Hen still comes out every once and awhile too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.