Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
1,469 Posts
I am using the QAD hdx ultra rest. It works great. In my area the QAD rest that is integrated and PSE logo is around $50 dollars more. I can see where there is a technical advantage to the integrated rest but I don’t think there is a practical difference. By the way I love my PSE Evo EVL 34. The smoothest, quietest, and most balanced bow I have owned. If it holds up and proves durable and nothing changes I can see where this could be my most favorite bow.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am using the QAD hdx ultra rest. It works great. In my area the QAD rest that is integrated and PSE logo is around $50 dollars more. I can see where there is a technical advantage to the integrated rest but I don’t think there is a practical difference. By the way I love my PSE Evo EVL 34. The smoothest, quietest, and most balanced bow I have owned. If it holds up and proves durable and nothing changes I can see where this could be my most favorite bow.
I was surprised by the EVL 34 when shot it at the shop. Compared it to Mathews, Bow Tech and Prime. It was my favorite Of the four. I went in expecting to pick the Mathews. First time ever shooting a PSE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
HOYT, Easton, Shrewd, Dead Center, Doinker, AAE, Shibuya, Beiter & Leupold ProGuide HD 10X42.
1,856 Posts
AAE Free Flyte Elite...
(with Beiter Plungers on my compounds and recurves, hunt and target bows)...
I strictly shoot fingers. ...36yrs.

· Registered
12,619 Posts
I went with the AAE Prophecy on mine. I was pretty sure I'd go with the integrated QAD but saw the Prophecy at Total Archery Challenge and really liked it. The big advantage to the Prophecy is there are no springs to break. The downside is, you need to cock it. If you forget it doesn't cock itself on the draw like the QAD. I shot the QAD on my old bow and really liked it. So far so good with the Prophecy though.

Reactions: Gowest34

· Registered
941 Posts
My EVL 34 has the QAD MTX on it (I didn't want the integrate rest) I prefer that on a PSE for hunting. For Target or my Prime bows I do Hamskea. I don't like tying the hamskea on the limb for hunting purposes and Hamskea says it's not a good idea to tie it into the PBST.

· Registered
EVO XF 33 S2,EVO NXT 33, PSE lazer, hamskea rests, victory arrows, kings camo
125 Posts
My EVL 34 has the QAD MTX on it (I didn't want the integrate rest) I prefer that on a PSE for hunting. For Target or my Prime bows I do Hamskea. I don't like tying the hamskea on the limb for hunting purposes and Hamskea says it's not a good idea to tie it into the PBST.
never had a problem hunting in thick brush with my hamskea, have them on my target bow and my hunting rig both tied into the yoke splitters. Zero issues with either of them

1 - 20 of 46 Posts