Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
I like the Hamskea hybrid hunter or target pros. A micro adjust limb driven rest is the key, and that hamskea strikes the balance between being slim and reasonably light, but not snapping launcher blades every time I blink like the earlier AAEs. The newer Hamskeas like the trinity are a bit too blocky and overbuilt for me.

· Registered
3,429 Posts
I Still like conventional cable driven drop away rests. Trophy Taker FC or the PSE Phantom drop way rests. Not loud like limb driver, and just always work. I grudgingly have a QAD HDX on the xpetite. Only because I can’t get center shot without hitting the riser. One of the few downfalls of the xpedite. The other is weight. A Levitate “might” be the cure, depending on the short draw cams.

Reactions: Gowest34

· Registered
5,442 Posts
Vapor Trail Limb Driver Pro.
Because they have a redundant spring to them. The actual internal spring + the spring steel launcher. So even before it drops, it has plenty of give, making it easier to tune if the bow is set up correctly. I have about a dozen on them on my bows and never have any problems with them except for one that I purchased used had a bent spring when I got it. Fixed the spring and never had any problems with it. They work so good that I never have considered changing to something else.

· Registered
3,429 Posts
My pro v broke the launcher in half at the bottom of the v. And they’re loud. Other than that they’re fine.

· Banned
4,160 Posts
I have all the high end rests ya latest and greatest. But my fav is still G5 expert pro. Simple and no issues. Doesn't have containment but then again I don't on any of my rests. My qad hdx removed it, and hamskea trinity pro target doesn't come with it,

Reactions: leoncrandall74

· Registered
EVO XF 33 S2,EVO NXT 33, PSE lazer, hamskea rests, victory arrows, kings camo
125 Posts
I have all the high end rests ya latest and greatest. But my fav is still G5 expert pro. Simple and no issues. Doesn't have containment but then again I don't on any of my rests. My qad hdx removed it, and hamskea trinity pro target doesn't come with it,
I have had a couple of these and for real they are awesome rests. So simple its stupid.

· Registered
4,840 Posts
A QAD is ok, but I didn't like having to insert the cord into my down cable and timing. I have had every Hamskea other than the Epsilon (don't think it's worth the price). I currently have a Trinity and two Hybrid Micro hunters. The Hybrid is my favorite for function and cost. I am a spring guy w/Blake Hitch and don't care for the rubber rebound dampener. With the Hamskea, I only need to put a finger on the fork to see if everything is still good. If it moves down I just tighten the cord a little. With a QAD you need to look at the line at full draw and if off, you should put it on a drawing board to reset. IMO. But, QAD's do shoot fine and have taken a lot of deer. Lock up position is also a big plus.
Ches.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts