Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't be going to Carbondale this year since my son aged out of JOAD; however, I am sure some parents are wondering where the good chow is in Carbondale. I enjoyed the Longbranch Coffe House for the super desserts. What are your favorites?:darkbeer:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Our fav's are Houlihan's and Lone Star, by far. We like Moe's for breakfast and lunch (we buy a Joey at night and reheat it in the AM since they are not open). We usually will hit Subway for lunch though because it is so close to the venue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
On Food Network's Special called: "Top American Restaurants: Bon Appetit Picks the Best", the following was rated best BBQ in the country: http://www.17thstreetbarbecue.com/
Just so everyone knows who hasn't looked at our webpage, 17th Street Barbecue is catering the BBQ on Friday evening. If you haven't bought tickets, please contact Patty ASAP to arrange for them. We have to get the final head count in to 17th Street next week, so in all likelyhood there will not be any tickets available that night.

Pray for no rain, but bring your boots and rain gear! Just in case.

See ya all in 2 weeks!!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
The absolute best deep pan Pizza anywhere on the planet is to be had at Quarto's Pizza in Carbondale. Nice family dining at college student prices.
They also have great salads and a full menu for those may not like pizza.

·
Genesis 21:20
22,536 Posts
If you go to Houlihan's (about a mile east of the super Wal-mart on the east side of town - hwy 13), you gotta try the fish tacos. Best I've had, and I've tried them everyplace that has them.

Also, there is a Thai restaurant right in the middle of town that I highly recommend. I think it's called Thai taste. Right across the street from the train depot at the intersection of hwy 51 and 13. Can't miss it. It's definitely worth a stop. More than you can eat of some of the best food you've ever had, and you can get out of there pretty cheap.

I sure miss southern Illinois - in the spring and fall ;)

John.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Graduated from SIU in '82

Not sure what is still around since I was last there in maybe '85, but yes, Quatro's is the best. Also, don't know if Tres Hombres is still around but that was always good. El Greco's was good for fast Greek. And lastly, if you are out staggering around at 2:00am, Amhed's was always good for a late night falafel. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Not sure what is still around since I was last there in maybe '85, but yes, Quatro's is the best. Also, don't know if Tres Hombres is still around but that was always good. El Greco's was good for fast Greek. And lastly, if you are out staggering around at 2:00am, Amhed's was always good for a late night falafel. :darkbeer:
Quartros is by far the best pizza. If I go thrugh c-dale I always come home with a quartros ultimate challenge. Dont forget winston the bagel man on them stumbling nites.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bagel cart guy still around?

Quartros is by far the best pizza. If I go thrugh c-dale I always come home with a quartros ultimate challenge. Dont forget winston the bagel man on them stumbling nites.
Get the heck outta here! Is the bagel guy with the cart still out there? Has to be someone new by now, or I really feel sorry for him...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts