Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but it's a bit faddish for me.

I prefer landmark pictures, that depict certain highlight points in one's life, to be a bit more traditional. Not necessarily suit and tie in front of a canvas backdrop in a studio type traditional, but no props or activities involved.

Great picture, but not one that I would consider a senior photo.

I'm sure others will view this differently.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
No...it is too immature/aggressive; if you want one with the bow, don't be aiming in the direction of the camera. It shows a disregard for "safety first". Two great nephews are bowhunters and each took senior photos with their bows while they were in full camo and standing in cover. If you are into target archery, get a branded jersey of your bow brand and take a photo of you at full draw on the target.

Reactions: gridman

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
cool concept but would have been cooler if it was taken alittle further out. As for safety that’s not a concern easy can be a remote trigger or anything or a sort on a tripod

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Awfully judgmental people here it seems, but that’s the way social media is these days. My son took some that are similar. As long has he likes them, that’s all that matters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Not important what we think. The important thing first and foremost is do you like it and does it make the statement you wanted to make. I assume you took several and liked this one the most. I like it, especially that you are looking at the viewers and not your target.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Awesome picture — although I bit on the “senior” as in old guys picture.

Concur with others on safety issues mitigated by remote activation or delayed activation of the camera.
Picture is very possible without putting anybody at risk.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
It’s a great picture and I hope it indicates a life long archery passion. I shot my first bow at age 8. I wrote my highschool term paper on the English Long bow and 49 years later I am still shooting and hunting now more than ever. I just bought a new bow yesterday despite a bow room filled with bows. This activity has kept me young, active, fit and truly saved my spirit from the slow decay that kills the spirit of most men. Good luck, make good choices and enjoy the ride that you control.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Thanks y’all!! Any form flaws?
Yup, shooting from the wrong side of the bow, that’s it, lol. Nice pic and don’t mind the judgement. I had a senior pic with a bow, became one of their marketing photos. Shows your interests, and as said before, if you and mom like it, don’t pay attention to the critics.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts