Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, post up your favorite bowhunting clothes or brands that are either non-hunting brands or come in solid colors. I'd like to move away from traditional hunting specific clothes brands or supplement with solid colors.

I'm interested to know what clothes or brands other folks may have found to be equivalent or better for treestand or ground based bowhunting that are quiet, insulating, breathable, and/or waterproof. It can be anything used across the hunting season spectrum, early, mid, late; base layers, outer shells, insulating pieces, softshells, waterproof layers, etc.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I recently wore some Duluth Trading cargo pants to a tournament. My new go to. Decided to try them because they also double as my work pants and are very comfortable and the extra pockets are a big plus.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Columbia ascender jacket. 👍

Reactions: Mohegan

·
Registered
433 Posts
I’ve switched over from Sitka to Fjallraven. Still have some Sitka tops, but my solids are Fjallraven. The Kebs have two side vents, built in gaiter system, durable front and rear, everything else nice and flexible. You use a wax that apply by hand and then use a hairdryer to melt it in for added waterproof is needed. I’m in AZ, so that’s nice to be able to control. I wore them in the desert and wore them on a third season rifle elk hunt at 10000+ feet in single digits and 18-24” of snow. Love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Prana, stretch Zion pants, wear them daily and also have a pair for warmer weather hunts in OD green, even wear em in the cold with a heavy base layer. They fit me perfectly and have held up better than expected hunting in them.

Keep an eye on backcountry, I have gotten them on sale for like 50$

·
Registered
29 Posts
Carahart Brown. I like the fleece lined work pants for the cold weather. Shot a doe from my tree stand with them on. Need to disclose I had a blaze orange jacket on because it was rifle season.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Prana, stretch Zion pants, wear them daily and also have a pair for warmer weather hunts in OD green, even wear em in the cold with a heavy base layer. They fit me perfectly and have held up better than expected hunting in them.

Keep an eye on backcountry, I have gotten them on sale for like 50$
great pants.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kuhl pants are my go to , carhartt upland pants as well . Columbia vest and Columbia or north face hoodies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seconding the fjallraven kebs. I used to live in prana stretch zions but started wearing kebs last summer and love them. Solidly built, great fit, decent water resistance, stretchy where you want them to be and tough where you need them to be.

·
Back down to ground level
16,310 Posts
Paratrooper pants, ripstop BDU in brown, with a green flannel or other earth tone top to match the season

1 - 20 of 31 Posts