Archery Talk Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,466 Posts
I can tell you my game hide briar proof field pants have outlasted my cousins Orvis field pants. We did a lot of small game hunting and shed hunting. My pants look new, his have tears and pulls throughout. I think I paid $60 from an Ebay store, brand new pants. I don't think that I would wear them deer hunting though, but I do wear them when I'm doing a lot of stuff outside these days.Dark brown color

·
Mark
5,697 Posts
this might not fit the requirements that your looking for but a pair that should be in your closet. I have a pair of Redhead flannel lined cargo pants, like $30 on sale. I wear them under my hunting pants when cold. Also wear them a lot outside in cooler weather on farm, shooting 3D and trap, cutting wood and so on. They are comfortable and just got a new pair couple weeks ago. Have held up very well for the price.

·
Feedn The Geese
12,293 Posts
I have six pairs of pranas in my daily rotation, almost every color made. Kuiu attacks were really nice in a solid. After buying the corrugate guide lite jacket I want the pants next, Ill wear them as daily drivers too. I buy almost everything in a solid so I can wear it all the time and not look like a neck. The obsidians are sick but they pull pretty easy. Kuiu is clearing out some solids right now from winter that are nice too.

Ill wear anything solid from any company. One of my fav zip ups is a gray amazon basics sherpa fleece.

·
Registered
433 Posts
For those wearing fjallraven kebs, how quiet are they when moving?
Quiet enough. Equivalent to Sitka Timberlines. Not Apex or Obsidian quiet, but way more durable and quiet enough for most applications. Doesn’t sound like a freight train coming through like the FL Guide Lites. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thanks everyone, appreciate the responses. I'll have to check out the Fjallraven - I second @Navy-Chief 's question, how quiet are they?
PM me and we could FaceTime and I’ll show you whatever you need to know. I have two pairs of pants, Keb and something else I can’t recall right now, a Keb shell jacket, and a wool shirt. Love it all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd compare the noise of kebs to a heavy pair of jeans, something like wrangler work wear or filson tin pants if we're going with the non hunting theme for comparison too. Certainly quieter than something like FL guide lites. Not as quiet as my Pnuma tenacitys.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wrangler Outdoor Zip Cargo Pant
They come in earth tones for $20 at Walmart.
I have a couple pair of First Lite Corrugate guide pants and for the difference in $$ these are comparable.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts