Archery Talk Forum banner

Favorite time of day to hunt.

1195 41
Whats your favorite time of day to hunt and if you want to, explain why?

I love to hunt the mornings mostly. I dont know if I actually see more deer but I favor mornings because of how peaceful it is. The sounds of the critters waking up and the smell of fresh dew and how good that first ray of sunlight feels as it breaks through the trees. I wish it were deer season so Id have a reason to go sit in a stand and experience it all again.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Afternoons, just see more deer ..

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Fav. Time

The magic hour between 4pm and 5pm, I'll honestly get to my stand at noon just to be ready for that last hour.:thumbs_up

· Registered
6,213 Posts
I hunt big timber and unpressured deer. If I could only hunt five hours of the day it would be from nine AM to two PM. See most of my bucks between these hours in the last eight years or so.
My buddies thought I was pulling their legs until I convinced them to do the same.:thumbs_up
I'm sure pressured areas force the deer to be nocturnal so the first or last hour of the day would be the most productive, with the exception of the rut when old bucky loses his caution.;)

· Registered
684 Posts
I like the mornings for the pure enjoyment of being in the woods and most of the big bucks I've seen has been late morning. But I see more deer in the afternoon. Anytime I'm out in the wood is my favored.

· Archer
8,693 Posts
I love hunting in the mornings and I kill more bucks in the mornings. But I really struggle getting up in the mornings, I've been so conditioned by school and work over the years to hate getting out of bed that it even makes it tough to get up and go hunting. (and I'm lazy)

· Registered
5,367 Posts
i'm going to say mornings. Something magical about that 8-9am hour. During the rut anytime is a good time.

· Registered
740 Posts
If I'm hunting places that I'm familiar with I prefer mornings. If I've never been there I like evening hunts as it's MUCH easier to find a good tree for my climber

· Registered
10,406 Posts
I love to be in my stand waiting for day light and listening/watching the woods come alive......but i guess i've taken more deer from 2pm till dark.

· Registered
28,629 Posts
I love being out at day break, but gosh darn it I hate getting up early.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.