Archery Talk Forum banner

Favorite Turkey Pot call in your vest??

13606 Views 82 Replies 70 Participants Last post by  sjj1856
If you could hunt with ONLY ONE Pot call what would it be? I've got a couple of calls that i like, but i've only been turkey hunting about 2 years, and i want to get one more before season starts.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

· Registered
588 Posts
It was the woodhavens cherry classic slate but I just got word from Edj that the one he made for me is done. He scratched on it over the phone so I could hear it and let me tell you that is one sweet sounding call. I think it may take over being my favorite...

· Registered
525 Posts
for me its my new hadden hailers custom purple heartwood call. It is anodized aluminum over glass.

· Liv4Rut
7,392 Posts
I have got about a dozen calls ranging in the 15 -80 dollar range and suprisingly the call I typically kill my bird over is a $20 Hs specialties Black widow call. I don't know what it is about that call but when I start purring with it using a carbon striker the birds can't resist it. My next favorite would be a Cody Legend series call followed by a knight and hale henny penny.

· Registered
3,166 Posts
i got a custom one some AT guy built for me. slate, and it sings!!

but honestly, i got some FREEBIE one i grabbed out of a swag box. that guy that runs JESSE"S hunting and outdoor website. i met him on a hog hunt and he had one buried at the bottom. i managed to grab it despite the feeding frenzy. it is the best sounding and forgiving call i have. the birds hate it.

· Registered
8,159 Posts
several favorites but my Woodhaven Vision series Crystal and or the Aluminum are nice. I use an ivory tipped striker mainly but always carry a variety.

· Registered
19,984 Posts
blodgett double trouble, my wife met him at a diner in central illinois while i was guiding,her and her friend said they were hunting together that morning and ha signed and gave them both a call.

many birds have met there demise using the call.

· BOW ONLY!
2,592 Posts
Lights Out Custom Calls Anodized Aluminum with Dymondwood Striker

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.