Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to make some CHANGES!

Thinking about changing my feather shape from 'Parabolic' to 'Banana'.

Does anyone have experience with 'Banana' shape feathers?

Tell me what kinds of feather shapes you guys use!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I've tried 5.5 inch bananas. They made noise for me. I now shoot 3 two inch feathers with big 160 Snuffers. If you have high FOC you don't need much to guide the rear. I put my test and reasons on the LW. You could do a search there.

Bowmania

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've been using a 4" TrueFlight parabolic but just ordered 50- 2" Shield cut Rayzrs.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Im just running 4 inch trueflight feathers also , havent had any problems with them , they do the job nicely.

·
Registered
774 Posts
my problem with shield cut is they can get stuck on each other when pulling them out of a tightly packed quiver, so I switched to 4" parabolic. They work great

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, I guess I have to give it a try and make my mind!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use 5 1/2" Low Profile Banana cut feathers on all of my hunting arrows.
Quiet, stable flight, and the rounded back holds up better when toted through the woods in my quiver.

I think they look pretty cool too.

photo (2) (1024x782).jpg

·
Registered
507 Posts
I buy 4" shield cut turkey feathers & make the low bananas from goose & seagull feathers - I live by a river - if the bananas get loud I just cut of an inch & convert them to shields - no difference at all in accuracy between either that I can tell - M

·
Registered
347 Posts
Firstly im a gateway *****.. I love gateway feathers! As for what i use... I used to use 4" parabolic 3 fletched. Now i use 3" parabolic 4 fletched... So the surface area is the same on both setups, however the 4 fletch i feel i have much more control of the shot... Call me crazy but my bad shots are not as bad anymore.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Bananna are proven to be the most efficent and sometimes quiet of all. I really dont think there is any difference for most of the shooting we do other than asthetics really. I have fletched and shot them all and I cant tell any real differences...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts