Archery Talk Forum banner

feathers for 3D?

497 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  3DArcherMark
I was wondering what the feeling is on using feathers for 3D. I was thinking the 2 inch. Would they catch to much wind on the long shots at Redding? I don't like blazers but would go with predators, but like the weight of the 2" feathers.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,109 Posts
I am curious about this, too. I have been thinking about fletching up my 3-d arrows with some Gateway Rayzr's. I have them on my hunting arrows and they fly great! They are small enough I don't think I would have to worry too much about losing speed rapidly downrange.

· Registered
725 Posts
they would probbaly get beat up pretty quick with other arrows hitting them all the time...
I've been fletching my own arrows with 3" feathers for about a year now and I just started 3-D shooting this year. I've been to a lot of shoots and only had to re-fletch two arrows and both of those were messed up because I missed. Feathers seem to hold up great for me! I've damaged feathers with other arrows while shooting at my house, but that doesn't happen very often, and it would probably do the same thing to vanes anyway. Just my opinion! -Chris

· Registered
498 Posts
feathers

I seem to be answering threads like this one all the time....

I shoot the Razrs and I love them. You need to be a bit more vigilant with feathers...check for fray, waterproof, etc. But the benefits out-weigh any assumed negatives.
Let's see, I have been shooting 3D for almost as many years as some of our Archery talk members have been alive, always with feathers, and basically...no problems.
More speed from a lighter arrow always works for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.