Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've seen it both ways now. Right handed indoor recurve shooter. 42lbs, 29.5" DL. I usually keep it inside the 8-ring => some days better.

Bowbender on the Arrow forum says Right wing feather with a right hand helical should be best. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2250509&highlight=feathers+hand+helical

However, I've also seen published (can't find it right now) that a right handed recurve shooter should use LH fletched arrows for better riser clearance. I thought it was in Viper's book, but I may be mistaken.

I've seen others say it really doesn't make a difference, especially at indoor distances, as rotation really won't start until well after the arrow leaves the bow. I can definately believe that the arrow won't rotate as long as the nock is on the string :wink:.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
At 18m I have not seen a lick of difference. Helical/slight offset/straight/3",4"5", feathers. Perhaps the one thing that I have seen is, an arrow which may be overspined may be helped by large fletches.

Every indoor season I try new things with equipment. The largest difference maker is the quality of the shot I execute. The equipment combination which has been most forgiving to my errors remains my outdoor set up. Having said that, I am now shooting a dedicated indoor rig.......for now. When Vegas and Indoor Nationals roll upon us, it may be a different story.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts