Archery Talk Forum banner

What do you use for hunting?

Feathers or Vanes?

1727 Views 38 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  old Graybeard
What do you use for hunting, feathers or vanes?
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
2,821 Posts
i like blazers, tried the fobs, not a big fan of noise so i stopped shooting them. Might try feathers sometime, that is what i will have for my recurve

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Love em

I will never give up my feathers. They fly great, look better and I made em myself. The rain thing is a myth also. I got caught in a DOWN POOR in the Ohio Rinehart 2 weeks ago. They couldnt have been any wetter if I gave them a bath and still flew great.

· Registered
1,173 Posts
For hunting vanes are the only way to go for me that way when I'm hunting in either rain or wet heavy snow I don't have to worry about the moisture absorbing into my feathers and what it will be doing to my arrow flight.

· Registered
1,140 Posts
On the fence

I shoot feathers now...and have shot them for many years....but I've been thinking about switching to Blazers...probably next year. I just love the feel of feathers and feel a little bit more traditional using them. I don't have any good reason for sticking with them other than I think they stabilize great. I know, I know....Blazers or quick spins or other vanes are probably better..

· Registered
1,364 Posts
feathers for me!! I just can't stay away from them.... I try but always come back!!LOL

· JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,675 Posts
I am old school and refuse to use anything other than feathers!

· Registered
1,628 Posts
I shoot both, feathers and blazers. I'll take which ever one, depending on my mood and the weather. They both hit the same out to 40 yards and both steer my braodhead the same.

· Registered
520 Posts
I shoot both, feathers and blazers. I'll take which ever one, depending on my mood and the weather. They both hit the same out to 40 yards and both steer my braodhead the same.
Identical thought and result. I'm too lazy to go to the garage and get it, but the feather prep stuff really does a great job, water beads on the feathers like Rain X on the windshield.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.