Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently shooting Easton Flatlines with 2" Blazers on them straight fletched. I used to shoot 2413 in my old bow with feathers fletched with a 2 degree offset using a prong type rest. I am pretty sure I know that feathers are a bit faster and more forgiving and that the blazers are more durable. My questions are if pro shops have 2" feathers and if they can fletch them onto Flatlines using both offset and maybe even helical? Another question is if this is even practical using the wisker biscuit?

I'm getting decent groups and doing well on the 3-D shoots but I was getting better groups with the old bow and aluminum arrows with feathers. Current bow is tuned good I'm just not convinced there isn't a little issue with arrow flight that could be remidied with some arrow spin. Maybe I should just have the flatlines refletched using the Blazers and offset 2 degrees?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
your old set up flew better and was more forgiving because it was heavier and you were using bigger fletchings. if it was me and you are set on re-fletching your flatlines i would put some offset on some 2.5 or 3" feathers... just my $.02

·
SuperToon'd
11,530 Posts
I have not had an issue with the whisker biscuit since I switched to blazers. Have you tried razor feathers? All my arrows are fletched with helical offset.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the response. I guess I willl try some arrows with feathers thru the biscuit and see how they do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts