Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious as to what the majority of archers use for Fletching..for field and hunter rounds .... I have always been a feathers kind of guy..Old school...But this season I have switched to small low profile vanes for outdoor 3 D shoots and will be using them for the New England Sectionals in Lunenburg Ma . Thanks for any input. Also I use a full helical on the vanes just as I would on feathers....great stability and they were super easy to tune. Using Easton Lightspeeds 28 " + 270 Grains total...PSE X force X7 50 #

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
I personally used to be as feathers kinda guy until I realized how they reacted down range. Feathers tend to lay down as the arrow is coming out of the bow, and then parachute as they loose velocity down range. You will find that the added drag coming out of the bow will provide for faster correction, often providing for easier paper tuning... The added drag down range tends to be the major pitfall. Rapid velocity loss down range creates increasing sight gaps, poor ballistics, & poor overall grouping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts