Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the Gateway ones you get from Cabela's & Bass Pro.. But Who makes the best FEATHERS out there and how do I get my hands on some?

·
Registered
272 Posts
best feathers

I use trueflight feathers and have not had any problems, 3 rivers archery or raptor archery have them i believe.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Trueflight's have more uniform bases. I've used both and have been satisfied with both. I would chose Trueflight over Gateway if I were a good enough shooter to take advantage of Truflight's better uniformity.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Gateway

Just 1 More said:
I have been using the Gateway ones you get from Cabela's & Bass Pro.. But Who makes the best FEATHERS out there and how do I get my hands on some?
I'm like you, I get mine from Bas Pro shop's and so far I've had great results with Gateway feathers :wink: :teeth:

·
32,711 Posts
hansel said:
I'm like you, I get mine from Bas Pro shop's and so far I've had great results with Gateway feathers :wink: :teeth:
I bought some feathers, think I'll try some and see how they work in my Arizona E-Z Fletch.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Best Feathers

If price is no object, the very best feathers are from Custom Feathers in Chilicothe. He only deals in real barred turkey feathers which are beautiful.
No colors.
Jbird

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
tjb357452 said:
Trueflight's have more uniform bases. I've used both and have been satisfied with both. I would chose Trueflight over Gateway if I were a good enough shooter to take advantage of Truflight's better uniformity.

Just what he said

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
I can't tell you which feathers are best because I haven't tried them all. But I've been using TrueFlights for a couple of years and never had a bad one nor any kind of problems with them.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have both trueflight and gateways and honestly they are equal. Gateway seem to have a wider selection. I buy whatever is availible at the time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Keep a few chooks

Try keeping a few chooks and turkeys around the backyard. You can harvest feathers for your fletchings and have tucker on the table when Thanksgiving comes around! hee! hee!........ :D

In all honesty, they are all about the same. It's the archer and weather that can conspire to get things wrong!

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
tjb357452 said:

I gotta agree with this statement

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
I always thought Tru-Flight feathers were better than gateway .. JMO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts