Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one shoot feather with the Whisker Busquit? If so which seem to work best? Just ordered some new arrows and would like to try feathers but I shoot a WB.:D

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
i know there are people who use feathers over vanes and if you don;t mind doing your own fletching then you would probably be okay but feathers are expensive and can get even more expensive if you have to take your arrows to a shop and have them fletch them for you.
i would try and shoot some vanes for practice and hten have a couple of your feathered arrows to practice with before hunting season is on and then use your feathers for hunting.
good luck
rob k

·
Registered
469 Posts
Feathers and the Whisker Biscuit

Feathers shoot beautifully from the whisker biscuit provided you are using the correct spine arrow and the biscuit is set up properly on a reasonably well tuned bow. The arrow to biscuit fit should be loose not tight. The biscuit should not be tipped forward or backward, it should be parallel to the bowstring. The arrow should be nocked at a 90degree angle to the bowstring with the bow at an even tiller. The rest should be adjusted for windage to shoot the narrowest group. The tiller should be adjusted to produce a level arrow in the target. Feathers may show some wear on the outer 1/16" edge after a few hundred shots through the biscuit but they will last for a long time if the bow and rest are working together. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
40 Posts
i recently went to feathers and have found that they work the same as the vanes did, but the vanes after about 50 shots started to get curly, the feathers after 100 shots are still A ok

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Razorfan,

Even though the vanes got curly, did you notice any difference in the arrow performance?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Arkie,I've been shooting a WB for two years.I shoot both feathers and vanes.If the vanes get wavy or the feathers get edge wear does not seem to affect the accuracy.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thust Me

Kildog has seen some ugly @amn vanes and most of then has been on arrows..........lol,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
feathers

Oldreloader can I get away with 5" feather though my WB? I just ordered some new carbon arrows and would like to try to shoot them with feathers rather than vanes.......:D

·
Registered
441 Posts
olddog48,I shoot 5" vanes and feathers with a hard helical fletch on them.I shoot 2314 aluminum arrows though.I have been giving some thought to carbon arrows but havent made up my mind.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i never noticed a diff. when the vanes got curly, it was just a psychological thing, if they are curly they must be flying funny, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You can bring vanes back to their prewrinkled form using a hairdryer. I use one on my Duravanes when they get a little wrinkled and it works like a charm. Hope this helps. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
When's bow season start?
8,863 Posts
I have been shooting a WB since it first hit the market. I have shot aluminum and carbon arrows fletched with several different types of vanes and feathers. I haven't found a vane yet that didn't curl to some degree, but then again, I also noticed it had no effect on accuracy.

Be that as it may, I switched over to feathers exclusively. They are faster out of the bow and I simply have more confidence in them.

I shoot 27" CX-300's fletched with 4" left helical feathers through the new WB Quick Shot. Since I always nock my arrows cock feather-up, I cannot comment on how arrows would shoot with a feather/vane passing through the cut-out.

Brian

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to inform you BDHUNTER but you are in the wrong Hemi to shot left helical. Have you not watched you toilet??...................................lol.........:D :D :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
I shoot feathers through my wb and they perform very well. My brother in law has shot feathers through his for several years and is still on the same fletching as when he started. We always keep 6 arrows back and only use those for hunting. Hopefully we'll reflech those after a good pass through shot . Hersh

·
Registered
220 Posts
Gentelmen,I just purchased a Whisker Biscuit tonight,and was told to trim mine,for proper flight.Can anyone post a picture,of a properly trimmed Biscuit.Im not about to take a knife to mine,untill i see what they are talking about first.Many Thank's!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Trimming the Whisker Biscuit

The Carolina Archery Products website has a picture that may help you. Just click on the technical and tuning tips section and then click for the suggestions for finger shooters. Put away your knife though, you will do a much neater job with a pair of sissors. Good luck hunting!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts