Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
15,104 Posts
Just in a bag in the box?
With no damage on the outside of the box, It'd be hard for me to blame the carrier.

·
Broken, Beat, & Scarred
5,799 Posts
Awe man, sorry to see that, hope u get it sorted out and they pay for damage

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
14,836 Posts
Why are you blaming Fedex if there is no damage to the box? I would be talking to the person you bought it from. Sounds like they are the ones screwing you, not Fedex.

·
Registered
20,184 Posts
So you can't find damage on the box but there are gouges in the limb? I'd have a hard time believing it was the shipping company's fault. Sounds like it went into the box with that problem.

Those look like gouges from the cutter on a tape gun. I'd bet that the bow was wrapped in plastic and the plastic was taped. The person packaging it hit the limb with the tape gun when cutting the tape and then put it in the box.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a hole in the box and obviously the box has been crashed as the side wall is broken down. Also had another bow come same path from same origin same day everything and bow was busted out of box and arrow broken inside so obviously they were slung around and crap thrown on them. Bows were bubble wrapped and multiple bags stuffed in on each end and plastic wrapped

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Piss poor packaging on the busy season... hell some packages delivwred here are all in tact... until lazy ass ups guy chucked it up on the porch, then drives thru my grass on his was to the next victim.... fedx at least doeant drive tehu my lawn.... mailman follows ups tracks...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
14,836 Posts
So, the box was damaged, yet you couldn't find any damage the first time you looked at it? Hope it all works out, but bet Fedex will tell you to pound sand.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I grabbed the box and was looking at the bow didn’t say there wasn’t any damage I said I hadn’t found any yet I was in a rush to get to my house as I was putting the bows in my bow room when I went back and looked over the box actually looking for issues that’s when I found it.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Yes, they all require something like 3 inches minimum of bubblewrap around the item, maybe more. Automated systems, workers (all delivery companies) have a stopwatch shoved up their a--. I received a package that was open. I told the driver that i just wanted to check contents before accepting. They marked it as refused, said she didn't have time for the inspection. Contacted UPS, spoke with several layers of personnel. Then went to the UPS hub and the worker was reading notes made by those i talked with - completely different than anything that happened. The lack of integrity and customer service today is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm a USPS man myself. Never had an issue. I don't use UPS or FedEx nor do I buy from anyone who is going to ship my bow via them

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That’s pretty much how I am and then don’t and then get burnt like this I truly have a distain for FedEx. Very poor package handling and I usually run into never on time

·
Registered
657 Posts
Got a heavy duty arrow tube full of 2 doz carbon arrows. Arrow tube broken in half several arrows broken nocks cracked and missing inserts. They used an entire roll of tape to roll it back up. Company had it insured for 50 bucks won't respond to email or phone messages. Finally had to try and stop payment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
This is why I hate FedEx. 1500 bow and bow the limb is beat to crap thanks to them. Bad part is I can’t figure out how it was damaged as I haven’t found anything on the box yet.

You were able to open the box, discover the damages to the bow, take photos, and post here before seeing the damage to the box?

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I had a claim once with FedEx and it was paid no problem. Maybe it helped that I work for them I don't know. You need to take even more pics than you have now. Especially of the bubble wrap that it was wrapped in as they are going to want to see that. Whoever paid for the shipping will have to file the claim and take care of everything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 98 Posts