Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyonee have any experiences with this sight that would offer up any opinions or feedback?

Im primarily interested in how the 5 pin variable (1 .029pin, 2 0.019pins, and 2 0.010pins) option is? Does the smaller pin sizes help a lot at far yardeges?

Also, how bright are the pins without a light?

Thanks guys!
DeadEye

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
I like small pins. its a functional sight,but its not a Spot Hogg.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
The .029" top pin takes some getting used to since I've had .019" for years. The .019" middle pins and the .010" bottom pins seem to be good. The fibers are totally wrapped so they will not catch on anything and break. The pins are VERY bright. I don't know if I will ever use the light. It seems like a great sight and I am happy with it so far. (I've only shot a few hundred arrows with it on)

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Awesome

I have a 3 and a 5 pin.

My only gripe is that it will not mount on my AM35 without putting a spacer in to bridge.....but that is the bows machining.

I just left the light right off....that .029 is REALLY bright......and the .010 is easy to pick up at long range.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so this sight has trouble mounting to the Alphamaxes?

·
Guipago
3,090 Posts
I have all .010's and I don't think I will ever go back to .019's. The pins are very bright , I have hunted over a week now and haven't used my light yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's OK...if you don't care about quality. I replaced the three middle green fibers with orange-red-orange. I don't mind using my TrueGlow for the range, but I'd never trust it in the field.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts