Archery Talk Forum banner

I believe if a member wounds an animal they should post as such on Open forum

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please respond im curious how many on this forum agree that declaring you wounded animals on an open forum should be done?
In hunt camp or with other hunters in conversation yes i believe it should come up if there is knowledge to be gained. On the open forum anyone can read & (IMO) bad publicity for bowhunting is harmful to all of us. fire up the grill im ready for another roasting.

1- yes post what you wound

2- no lets keep that in camp

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
loose lips sink ships

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
It's called social media syndrome, aka facebook generation.....

·
Registered
775 Posts
Look it's called freedom of speech. who cares about these groups, bad publicity. This mind set that you have to walk on egg shells is for the birds. Because everybody wants to be anal and political correct stop the madness!
This is a hunting forum, not a day care!
knowbody wants to wound there **hunted game!** but it does happen, learn from it. and get past it.
by the way when your using terms like wounded Animals your feeding your own monster.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Look it's called freedom of speech. who cares about these groups, bad publicity. This mind set that you have to walk on egg shells is for the birds. Because everybody wants to be anal and political correct stop the madness!
This is a hunting forum, not a day care!
knowbody wants to wound there **hunted game!** but it does happen, learn from it. and get past it.
by the way when your using terms like wounded Animals your feeding your own monster.
See what I am talking about above. Freedom of speech is the government restricting what we can say. This thread got nothing to do with that. It all about are we as bowhunters doing something that harms our image or not. It has nothing to do with the First Amendment or laws to restrict freedoms. But if someone can't get the 1st Amendment how can the get this issue.?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I do agree that wounding fatal or not can be used against us by PETA. Most bowhunters fatal or not wounded an animal at one time it happens but hopefully we learn from it. I would like to see someone post what could prevent and help fellow new and experienced bowhunters alike it's hard for someone who maybe didn't make the best shot to ask advice on if the animal possibly survived or if they should keep looking and where is the best location to start the search. PETA will use everything they can to shut us down no matter how we sugar coat it. I voted no should not post cause I wouldn't I have a really good group of fellow bowhunters I hunt with but for someone who doesn't have other experienced bowhunters to pick there brain I could see how the Internet helps them out. I'm caught in the somewhat middle.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
This is a two-sided coin.Archers helping archers?A lot of guys dont come from a hunting background or live in a hunting community. How are they suppose to get help?You"ll tell them what kind of bow to buy, but not what to do when Murhpy's Law sets in?This is a bow hunting forum.Suppose those inexperienced hunters should ask questions on a cooking forum? Bad shots happen with all types of weapons.Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Let me tell ya, all PETA has to do is read these forums, and that pretty much does us in. About 2.7 replies into any post, and that about does it. I could post "...man I dropped my chocolate ice cream out of my stand onto my trail camera" and that would result in all kinds of stellar responses that pretty much gives anyone reading these forums all the information they need to draw a conclusion. Just watch...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
How did the sport survive prior to the internet, we relied on each other, face to face.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I wouldn't even talk about it in a public place, in case it is overheard by an anti, or even someone who may be undecided on the issue of hunting.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
This is a two-sided coin.Archers helping archers?A lot of guys dont come from a hunting background or live in a hunting community. How are they suppose to get help?You"ll tell them what kind of bow to buy, but not what to do when Murhpy's Law sets in?This is a bow hunting forum.Suppose those inexperienced hunters should ask questions on a cooking forum? Bad shots happen with all types of weapons.Just my 2cents.
Anyone that graduated high school had to do at least minimal research. Doing a search is much easier than High School and will yield at least as good and most likely better info than another thread will and is much faster than waiting on responses.

So to sum it up if you were able to complete high School you should be able to managing looking for a deer without starting a thread about it.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
are we worried about what someone like PETA or anyone else is worried about anyway? Do you REALLY think that all the pictures of broadheads, killer user names, and trophy pictures doesn't do anything, but a post about a wounded animal does? These are NGOs people, who are not LOGICAL. I've personally dealt with GreenPeace, and they don't care WHAT the post says, everything is twisted and turned for their benefit. IF we are concerned about PETA and others, we should delete ALL of the content on here and turn it into a daily devotional site.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Let me tell ya, all PETA has to do is read these forums, and that pretty much does us in. About 2.7 replies into any post, and that about does it. I could post "...man I dropped my chocolate ice cream out of my stand onto my trail camera" and that would result in all kinds of stellar responses that pretty much gives anyone reading these forums all the information they need to draw a conclusion. Just watch...
You shouldn't have brought chocolate ice cream, I hear it can harm house pets. I would think it could be the same for deer. Vanilla would be fine if a deer was to eat it, same concept of a dog. Sheesh

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
you shouldn't have brought chocolate ice cream, i hear it can harm house pets. I would think it could be the same for deer. Vanilla would be fine if a deer was to eat it, same concept of a dog. Sheesh
lmao

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Certainly some valid points. this is what i want a clean debate & conversation amoungst members. as far as the cooking forum no i dont think that would work.I suppose if your seeking advice on an animal you 'just shot' and are seeking advice that could lead to recovery thats diffrent. its not a wounding loss until its not recovered. but FOR NO GOOD REASON for example 'i punched my release (wounded a deer) any tips to prevent it?'' could easily be 'i punch my release under pressure any suggestions?' wording can be effective or crippling. thanks gobblerdown i see exactly what you mean.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Depends on the scenario.....asking for help you have to paint a vivid picture on the situation.

If you can't shoot or you are having equipment problems and it becomes a regular thing....you should keep your mouth shut and quit hunting and take up golf or something.

With that being said "feeding the peta monster" is absurd. They do not want animals killed regardless....so wounded or not their stance is the same. If you think that not posting about wounded animals is somehow gonna magically sway them to support our agenda you are wacko and clueless as they are!

Furthermore by posting your "worry" of what PETA will think about our posts on here gives them the notion that they have the upper hand. They think you are afraid to stand firm on your stance and it gives them the sense that they are winning the battle.

So here is my finally for all you PETA trolls on this sight to gain knowledge and firepower to use against us:

You SUCK. You are nothing but a group of deranged wackos who watched to much Disney as a kid while being fondled by your uncle. Animals cannot talk and they certainly do not have feelings. The sooner you learn that and come back to reality the better off you will be. I am not afraid of you or your agenda....in fact if you love animals so much I would be happy to stop killing them if I am allowed open season on PETA members instead. Put that on your website you worthless jack wagons. Suck my big white ass PETA!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are nothing but a group of deranged wackos who watched to much Disney as a kid while being fondled by your uncle.
great information. (sarchasm)

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Depends on the scenario.....asking for help you have to paint a vivid picture on the situation.

If you can't shoot or you are having equipment problems and it becomes a regular thing....you should keep your mouth shut and quit hunting and take up golf or something.

With that being said "feeding the peta monster" is absurd. They do not want animals killed regardless....so wounded or not their stance is the same. If you think that not posting about wounded animals is somehow gonna magically sway them to support our agenda you are wacko and clueless as they are!

Furthermore by posting your "worry" of what PETA will think about our posts on here gives them the notion that they have the upper hand. They think you are afraid to stand firm on your stance and it gives them the sense that they are winning the battle.

So here is my finally for all you PETA trolls on this sight to gain knowledge and firepower to use against us:

You SUCK. You are nothing but a group of deranged wackos who watched to much Disney as a kid while being fondled by your uncle. Animals cannot talk and they certainly do not have feelings. The sooner you learn that and come back to reality the better off you will be. I am not afraid of you or your agenda....in fact if you love animals so much I would be happy to stop killing them if I am allowed open season on PETA members instead. Put that on your website you worthless jack wagons. Suck my big white ass PETA!!
People that think like you seem to think there are 2 groups, hunters and PETA types. But there is a 3rd group that really matters. The non hunters that is neutral on the subject. Are they coming to AT probably not. Is the PETA type probably. Think about the damage that the PETA type can do with our own words to influence the non hunter. What if someone printed 30 I can't find my deer threads took them and showed every non hunter they know saying look how many deer bowhunters wound. What if group of them made this a campaign? They have done this already to prevent a urban city limit bow hunt

·
Registered
561 Posts

100% correct here, The mere fact that we congratulate each other for our kills is enough for these morons to spout out. After all we are talking about a group that wants to ban fishing because hooking them is cruel. They have been around for years and their agenda will never change and this forum will have little impact on their goals.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I think this should be an open forum for hunters giving advice on hunting which includes finding animals. Hunting isn't perfect and everybody will loose an animal at some point.

Who gives a damn about the "anti hunters" and what they think? By hiding in the shadows as hunters with truths about hunting you're falling right in line with thier agenda. They want you to be in the shadows and ashamed as a hunter. We need to be open and honest, learn from our mistakes, teach young hunters the right way and not be scared of those idiots.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts