Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if the distances in feild archery are marked or unmarked? Also what is the max range.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Field archery is marked. The farthest shot in NFAA field is a 80 yd walk up.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,814 Posts
It's the short ones that will get you ;) 35, 30, 25 and 20 feet.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yes the first time I got to the bunny target I was all over the place lol. Lesson learned for sure.
I love shooting the field and hunter rounds, its a blast!!! Around here in Indiana not a lot of interest in it though, more people are into the 3d game and could care less about the field/hunter rounds. Its a shame too cause there are still a few clubs around here that have really nice field/hunter ranges that hardly get used anymore.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Yes the first time I got to the bunny target I was all over the place lol. Lesson learned for sure.
I love shooting the field and hunter rounds, its a blast!!! Around here in Indiana not a lot of interest in it though, more people are into the 3d game and could care less about the field/hunter rounds. Its a shame too cause there are still a few clubs around here that have really nice field/hunter ranges that hardly get used anymore.
It's the same here. Field is way more fun to me than 3D. It's a shame.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I really enjoy shooting NFAA field. My local club has a 28 stage course set up permanently, which I shoot about 3 times during the week during the warmer weather. Take the dogs, walk the forest, just enjoy nature, improve my skills.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I would like to know if the distances in feild archery are marked or unmarked? Also what is the max range.
NFAA Field Archery is marked. Which is what you will probably run into in the US. However, there is a FITA Field Round as well that consists of both marked and unmarked targets, just in case you happen to run into that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts