Archery Talk Forum banner

Fellow Bowhunters....Conservation.

523 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  lwood10
G
Id just like to take a moment to reflect on our responsibility as hunters to keep the land and animals we hunt protected and beautiful. Remember that since we spend more time in the woods and on the praries than most people we should be the first to keep it clean, safe and free of polutants. In the last couple of years we have learned of the effect of Global Warming and polution on our planet. If we want this beautiful land here for our great grandchildren to enjoy then we need to do what is neccessary to keep it here. All it takes is picking up after yourself and doing what you can to make a difference in the woods. If you hunt public lands you have seen the effect that lazy and inconsiderit hunters can have. Bottles, cans and wrappers left behind represent the worst of us. All it takes is care and consideration to pick up after the ones that dont. You will feel good knowing you are doing your part even if someone else isnt. Planting trees in areas that dont have them creates habitat for the animals we hunt and provides them and us with Oxygen for years. If you want to learn more about what we can do as hunters to conserve our planet then Google search Habitat Conservation or Going Green. There are many websites that provide useful info for us to use that will help us conserve. Thank you for your time and remember the importance of Conservation.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
306 Posts
It is true that we need to be good stewards of our planet. Our kids will inherit what we do to good old Mother Earth. We definitely do need to clean up our act. It is hard to believe the amount of trash that litters our road sides. But in my humble opinion Global Warming is a bunch of crap created by politicians for political gain. Wasn't the smart guy who brought us global warming the same who invented the Internet?:confused: It has been a nice transition from Global Warming to Climate Change, and now to a relative new term, Global Dimming. In many cases going green has nothing do with the environment but with the color of currency.

· Registered
1,678 Posts
It is true that we need to be good stewards of our planet. Our kids will inherit what we do to good old Mother Earth. We definitely do need to clean up our act. It is hard to believe the amount of trash that litters our road sides. But in my humble opinion Global Warming is a bunch of crap created by politicians for political gain. Wasn't the smart guy who brought us global warming the same who invented the Internet?:confused: It has been a nice transition from Global Warming to Climate Change, and now to a relative new term, Global Dimming. In many cases going green has nothing do with the environment but with the color of currency.
Here, Here! Buy this man a beer!!! :thumbs_up

Global warmi... global climat... what ever the next new name is, it's all hog wash!!!

but I do agree that we need to be good stewards.

· Registered
5,566 Posts
See Idaho grows more then just taters!

Yes,buy this man a beer....and I bet the can won't end up on the side of the road!

Here a bit of a burnt toast to those boys who toss their cans out,you know who you are!

"May your staggering,stumbling feet carry you to meet that ice cold,12oz. Keystone light,never late and bottoms up,face to can......... right between the eyes at 300fps!"

Ok,so I'm a tater.

And proud of it:)

· Registered
61 Posts
I think that as hunters we, or at least 90% of us, have an inherent gene that understands the importance of conservation and habitat management. many of us spend the better part of the fall and winter in the field and when its not hunting season we are scouting, shed hunting, managing feed plots, etc. so in a word hunting and conservation go hand in hand or we will lose what we charish so deeply.

and i for one dont buy into that global warming crap, never have never will. the earth's climate has been changing since the beginning of its creation. its as natural as the sun rise.

it is important to remember our impact on habitat as hunters and ways we can improve it. and it is very refreshing to see that there are other that feel the same way i do and being a conservation ecology major its nice to see that the work i plan on making a career will be appreciated by someone.

thank you for the reminder.

· Registered
61 Posts
Id just like to take a moment to reflect on our responsibility as hunters to keep the land and animals we hunt protected and beautiful. Remember that since we spend more time in the woods and on the praries than most people we should be the first to keep it clean, safe and free of polutants. In the last couple of years we have learned of the effect of Global Warming and polution on our planet. If we want this beautiful land here for our great grandchildren to enjoy then we need to do what is neccessary to keep it here. All it takes is picking up after yourself and doing what you can to make a difference in the woods. If you hunt public lands you have seen the effect that lazy and inconsiderit hunters can have. Bottles, cans and wrappers left behind represent the worst of us. All it takes is care and consideration to pick up after the ones that dont. You will feel good knowing you are doing your part even if someone else isnt. Planting trees in areas that dont have them creates habitat for the animals we hunt and provides them and us with Oxygen for years. If you want to learn more about what we can do as hunters to conserve our planet then Google search Habitat Conservation or Going Green. There are many websites that provide useful info for us to use that will help us conserve. Thank you for your time and remember the importance of Conservation.

I agree KSBowMan620. Active conservation of our natural resources should be a top priority for everyone that enjoys the great outdoors (not to mention all the other people who live and breathe on this planet). The trout and salmon that I used to catch as a kid are few and far between - I am not very old. I hope my daughters do not see the same sort of "natural" decline in half of their lifetime (and yes that was a not so inventive play on words). I was stunned the first time I saw a satelite image of the night side of the earth - we literally light this planet up. Anyone who cannot imagine how the biproducts of this level of energy consumption can have an effect on our planet's atmosphere have never taken a class in chemistry or oceanography or any of the natural sciences (which are NOT taught by a bunch of liberal hippies - at least not all of them). No intention of offending anyone - Just my opinion - I really value the natural world that I hunt and fish and raise my family in.

· Registered
674 Posts
Climate change has cycles of about 10,000 years. The ice caps and glaciers have been there for millions of years. Now the ice caps are melting for the first time EVER. Makes me wonder! I won't dismiss things until I know all the facts not just what a person with special interests believes.

Great post on the importance of conservation!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.