Archery Talk Forum banner

Fertilizer

721 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  justanotherbuck
Who knows what i should fertilize Tecomate Monster Mix with. It is a year old plot.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
880 Posts
You should have someone in your area that will do a soil test. Usaully cheaper if you collect the soil samples. The soil test will tell you what your soil needs. Check to see if you have a local Farm Services Agency.

· Registered
5,367 Posts
i bet tecomate could answer it best.

· Registered
7 Posts
You should have someone in your area that will do a soil test. Usaully cheaper if you collect the soil samples. The soil test will tell you what your soil needs. Check to see if you have a local Farm Services Agency.
If I could add to this, make sure you tell them what you want to grow, and what you are growing it for and they can give you a better recommendation

· Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm an Agronomist, what kind of stand did you have last year, if you had a good stand last year you shouldn't need any nitrogen in your fertilizer blend as clover is a legume and will make its own nitrogen from the atmosphere, even though chicory isn't a legume and requires nitrogen fertilizer by itself, if it is planted with a legume (clover) you don't want to apply nitrogen as that will affect the nitrogen fixation abilities of the clover, so if you have a good stand of clover go with 0-50-50 blend, but you should perform a soil test as this fertilizer blend is based off of a very rough guess of what your soil might have in it, taking a soil test is not very complicated, most county agents should be able to point you in the direction of a soil lab, take random samples through out the food plot, but be sure to not to take samples in a straight line as you might get the same fertility levels in all your samples, if you need more help or info don't be afraid to shoot me a pm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.