Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not of blood. But i have a handful of emails and a few guys on another site asking so i took a few pics...

Using regular XENON BULB

Using Tracking mode

I had to use the top of my Scent killer deodorant toi try and show the way it shows red color. Pics arent that great as the settings arent perfect but i think you guys get the jist of it. It lightsd up alot but when there is a red opbject it is a clearly differenbt shade. I feel this liught will work great when a deer hits a field and blood ibn the grass gets just about impossible to find.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ozdog said:
Sweet! let us know how it works on the real deal.:darkbeer:
Sure will. It works on deer blood i had from steaks and on red food coloring, ketchup etc etc. It makes alot of browns and such with red hues stand out but when a true red color or red liquid (blood) is present is clearly different then the rest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
what does that light cost you. ive been thinking of getting one ever since i lost a nice 8 point due to losing the trail.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bhampat said:
what does that light cost you. ive been thinking of getting one ever since i lost a nice 8 point due to losing the trail.
From ebay...$46 shipped to my door. They can be found for $35-$60. $40 is average price.

·
Mad Viking
2,046 Posts
I've got one, and have tested it on a ground squirell I shot with the .17hmr. It's the real deal, the blood showed up like neon red dot, hard to miss. It's constucted well too, seems solid. There's a rubber button to push on the top to turn it on and a button just under the light bezzel itself to toggel between the white light and the blue-red blood light.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just cant find the battery stauts light lol!

Maybe newer ones have them or aybe they arent on there at all. Either way i cant wait to try this thing out in the woods!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts