Archery Talk Forum banner

few questions

671 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Cbfastcar
i was shooting a 33.5ata bow 28" draw switched to a 39 ata now my draw is 28.5" dont understand why
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Back Yard Champion
35,952 Posts
Not really enough information, but geometry plays into this as does bow draw length varying from specs of different bows. For me your change is different than what I've experienced. My longer ata bows fitted to me shorter in draw length as does my present bow. My 40+" ata bows have had draw lengths set to 28 1/4" and my present 37 1/2" ata bow has a 28 1/2" draw. And then I have 28" modules in my present bow to get down to 28 1/2". One of my former target bows, 41 1/2" ata with adjustable modules, was set to factory 27" and strings twisted to get down to 28 1/4".

· Registered
710 Posts
Angle of the grip can account for different draw lengths, as well. I had to add a little to my 2016 bow (Bear Escape) due to a different grip angle which raised my wrist. And, as has been said so well, if it fits "shoot it".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.