Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. what are you wearing?
2. is it easy to take off?
3. and how is the weather where YOU live?
hot, cold, lots of snow?

thinking of visiting Canada, may consider moving depending on how things look if I make it.

there MAY be an opportunity for me to move & work from home, no matter where "home" is, so, Canada sounds like a fun place.

looking for the best weather in Canada.

thanks.

you can skip 1 & 2 if you are not a mutant :embara:

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
You are not allowed for 1 and 2

As for weather, well, pretty much all of Canada get snow for 5-6 months, but you get used to it. Best place to live? The one that feels like home to you.

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are not allowed for 1 and 2

As for weather, well, pretty much all of Canada get snow for 5-6 months, but you get used to it. Best place to live? The one that feels like home to you.
so, how many rooms do you have available :love: :kiss:

was talking to Spot, a "vacation" may be in order, being of limited funds, my vacation would serve dual purpose, get to know a bit of Canada & see about a potential move.

Garage will do if you dont have room Frenchy:love:

I am a sheet metal designer BTW, so, Work if things dont work out may be something I would have to look for :embara:

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
so, how many rooms do you have available :love: :kiss:

was talking to Spot, a "vacation" may be in order, being of limited funds, my vacation would serve dual purpose, get to know a bit of Canada & see about a potential move.

Garage will do if you dont have room Frenchy:love:

I am a sheet metal designer BTW, so, Work if things dont work out may be something I would have to look for :embara:
One thing you need to remember is that most of the province where I live speaks French, which might be problematic in some regions. As for spare rooms, I don't have any, and I don't have a garage. But if you get to visit my neck of the woods, pack your snowshoes;)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
1. Clothes
2. No
3. Cold, with snow, and daylight not extending beyond my standard work day.

You may want to consider the political leanings in each of the provinces too. We're a little different that in the states. :wink:

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing you need to remember is that most of the province where I live speaks French, which might be problematic in some regions. As for spare rooms, I don't have any, and I don't have a garage. But if you get to visit my neck of the woods, pack your snowshoes;)
just the shoes? so, we can share room? :love:

found our competition :eek:
http://www.haulall.com/bear.htm

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. Clothes
2. No
3. Cold, with snow, and daylight not extending beyond my standard work day.

You may want to consider the political leanings in each of the provinces too. We're a little different that in the states. :wink:
If able to work from home, I think I could careless about the political leanings, been looking at Alaska as well. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Just remember I still have my border alert up with the Mounties about you!

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
1. Lots of warm clothes.
2. Only if I have to launder to remove blood spatter. Not mine.
3. Currently, warming up to -10 C....but can easily get down to -55 C with wind chill during an Arctic Clipper...and can get up to 1.5 m of snow in a season easy. You may as well learn metric if you are thinking of coming here....best weather in Canada? I'm leaning towards the Okanagan valley, very warm in the summer, temperate in the winter, beautiful location (when it's not on fire, eh SpOt??)....but not cheap to move to. Definately worth a look though, I like the Kelowna/Westpoint area best, Vernon is nice but not as nice IMO.....wine making country out there, if that tells you anything about the weather.

As far as moving, and work and so forth, I'd take a close look at that as not all of Canada is doing as well economically as other places. In the past, I'd give Alberta the ol' 'Rah! Rah!', but it's not exactly booming here either, currently. No provincial Sales Tax though!! Rah! Rah! :)

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. Lots of warm clothes.
2. Only if I have to launder to remove blood spatter. Not mine.
3. Currently, warming up to -10 C....but can easily get down to -55 C with wind chill during an Arctic Clipper...and can get up to 1.5 m of snow in a season easy. You may as well learn metric if you are thinking of coming here....

As far as moving, and work and so forth, I'd take a close look at that as not all of Canada is doing as well economically as other places. In the past, I'd give Alberta the ol' 'Rah! Rah!', but it's not exactly booming here either, currently. No provincial Sales Tax though!! Rah! Rah! :)
Alberta is where the CO listed is.

-55C :shocked: I get cold after -60 F :embara:

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Alberta is where the CO listed is.

-55C :shocked: I get cold after -6 F :embara:

I fixed that for you, I know that any Mexican 'Little Person' living in California has no clue what -60 F is!!

So what Co. are you looking at? if I may ask, and in what city?

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I fixed that for you, I know that any Mexican 'Little Person' living in California has no clue what -60 F is!!

So what Co. are you looking at? if I may ask, and in what city?
was looking at a possible move, all depends on how things fly here, wanted a city with as CLOSE as possible nice weather & of course work:embara:

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
Yup, definitely worth watching for the craftsmanship

·
Registered
321 Posts
1) A hot pink lycra Speedo
2) Depends who's asking
3) Currently -18C with about 8" of snow on the ground. Don't ask how I checked the depth, but snow is cold.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What it's like

Take a bit of upper New York State add a dash of Northwest Territories a hint of Alaskia and bingo welcome to Canada.

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
Take a bit of upper New York State add a dash of Northwest Territories a hint of Alaskia and bingo welcome to Canada.
with a fake French accent: "And don't forget about poutine!"

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
1. Tough Duck and camo
2. not for you
3. anywhere from about -20*C in the winter to 30*C in the summer.

Lots of trades work round these parts

1 - 20 of 41 Posts