Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a disaster here with my Trophy Ridge 5 pin site.
I have a broken fiber optic on the tallest post. Can someone tell me how to melt the end of the fibre optic so that I get the same brightness that the originals had.

I burn my fibre optics by holding the flame over the end of the fibre as opposed to holding a fibre optic over the flame. Does anyone have another way. The way I do it looks good but the brightness is simply not there.
What do i do????

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi Nate.

Heat up a knife blade, or something flat like that, and hold it just close enough to the fiber to make it barely start to melt the fiber. What it does is make the end of the fiber more cone shaped instead of mushroomed. With a mushroom shape, light will only transfer the same size as the diameter of the fiber. But if it's cone shaped, it'll transfer the size of the end of the cone. It's a little trick I learned at K.C. last year from the guy at the Classic booth.

Swig

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Swig:

Hey when did you start shooting an AR

·
Registered
678 Posts
Late this summer. Really like it too. Very smooth and quiet.

Do leagues start this week?

Swig

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
another way i have heard is using a ceramic top covered stove. turn the heat up on one of the burners to like 4 or 5, and when its too hot for you to touch, take the fibre between your fingers and just tap it on the ceramic top. a friend of mine does it that way and he gets great looking end on his fibres.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts