Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
DON'T cut the intestines, stomach, or bladder and everything will be good!

Plus, get as much of the fat and "silver skin" off your meat ASAP before placing in your cooler. Keep everything as clean as possible, including cutlery.

NC

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
I do very similiar to what is done on the link in the previous post except I do not cut above the breast bone. I good tool for removing the anus is the Deere-e-ere http://www.deer-e-ere.com/ This thing works as easy as they say it does, my cousin only has one arm and he uses it with ease.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
cmherrmann said:
I do very similiar to what is done on the link in the previous post except I do not cut above the breast bone. I good tool for removing the anus is the Deere-e-ere http://www.deer-e-ere.com/ This thing works as easy as they say it does, my cousin only has one arm and he uses it with ease.
I agree with cmherrmann....spend more time getting that deer checked in and to a cooler somewhere....you can open up the breastbone and remove the windpipe then....

I only go that far if it's a LONG way or long time to the cooler.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Use rubber gloves...cut nuts off first...then scent glands...the area where you cut the nuts off will have no hair...start there...slightly cut into the area until the liner is open and place 2 fingers in hole and place knife in between fingers and lift and cut to the ribs...cut around stomach( rib area) then reach up to the throat and cu windpipe.... PULL the junk out and start draggin..and braggin:darkbeer:
OH YEAH>>>mount if necessary

·
Registered
585 Posts
OH YEAH>>>mount if necessary[/QUOTE]

But wait until it's really DARK first !!!

:teeth:

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
A guy showed me a neat trick a few yrs ago. If it is an antlered buck, you can lay him on his back and put his front hooves behind his antlers. That way he will not always try to roll one way or the other while you are gutting.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
copterdoc said:
A guy showed me a neat trick a few yrs ago. If it is an antlered buck, you can lay him on his back and put his front hooves behind his antlers. That way he will not always try to roll one way or the other while you are gutting.

and if its a doe...her back legs will go behind her head:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts