Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so here is the O-FISH-AL quitters thread for those of us who are giving up the smokes.

I know there's been quite a few to say they were going to quit in my other thread, but lets list them here. Simply copy the list from the last post and add your name to it. If you remember the last time you had a smoke, list it as well.

For those that has successfully quit in the past and are still quit, please add your name as well (we can use the encouragement).

Pragmatic_Lee - last smoke Nov. 8, '09 approx. 6 PM

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
This the the ONE and ONLY time I will allow you to be a QUITTER......without giving you H3LL......

Now sign up all of your sinners......:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I'm skeeeered..... But I'm here....:wink:

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Prag's Official 2009 Quitters List

Okay.....okay.....

psargeant:
Brown Hornet:
Montigre:
BOWGOD:
JWT: last smoke 23 August '09
pragmatic_lee: last smoke Nov. 8, '09 approx. 6 PM

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang, it sucks to get old - nobody told me we were already into Dec. (well yea, somebody actually did - thanks for the PM :wink:)

psargeant:
Brown Hornet:
Montigre:
BOWGOD:
pragmatic_lee: last smoke DEC. 8, '09 approx. 6 PM

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I cant remember a lot of things but that date is stuck in my mind. ; I finished smoking my last cigarette Saturday at 11.30 a.m. on June 5th 1999.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I quit back in 2001. Best thing I ever did!!!!!!!! i quit when the ywent up to $3.25 a pack...just said it was to $$$. Heck, now there like $5 a pack. Now I know why I can spend so much more on archery eqipment...HAHA!!!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Dang, it sucks to get old - nobody told me we were already into Dec. (well yea, somebody actually did - thanks for the PM :wink:)

Oops.....That's what I get for trying to cut/paste quickly before lunch. :embara: Thanks for the catch.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Wasn't smoking for me it was dipping....same drug different means of ingestion.....I quit on January 15, 2009 and haven't had a dip since............

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
I'm in, but I have to wait until after the week end. Jen's little sister is visiting this week end, and it's bad enough that Jen is going to have to deal with me. It wouldn't be fair to put her sis through that as well. I can be quite the AZZ HOLE those first couple of days.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I quit some time ago. Every now and then I'll have one but the urge to smoke is gone. Getting back into a fitness routine really helped me.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had my last one on Oct. 15th 2002.

I quit because I was ready to. If you are ready to quit (really ready) then quitting is not hard. Once you get the addictive chemical traces out of your body, then it's easy. The first couple days are the hardest. Then you will notice your senses of smell and taste come back. I noticed I also slept better and had less fatigue.

Things that helped me- and I know this sounds lame- but oddly enough. . .water. I drank at least 2 quarts a day, and still do to this day. I would carry a bottle of water around with me to fidget with in an attempt to replace the fidgeting of the cirgarettes. It also helped to flush the toxins from the smoking out of my system. I did not do the patch or the gum or anything like that- I simply quit cold turkey. I believe that is the only way to truly beat smoking. Think to yourself- is that cigarette you're smoking right now the one that is gonna give you lung cancer? What about your kids/family? AND THINK OF THE MONEY YOU WILL SAVE!!! Who can't use more money?

If anyone is serious about quitting (and everyone should be) and needs a little support. . .from someone who's been there. . .feel free to PM me. I take this subject very serious and will help in any way I can.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Had my last march 7th 2008, The day I moved in in N.C. Not an easy thing to do but if i can do it 2 /3 packs a day for 44 years anybody can. Its a urge i'm glad has mostly dissapeared. Add me to the list Lee.

Jim

·
Registered
11,700 Posts
psargeant:
Brown Hornet:
Montigre:
BOWGOD:
pragmatic_lee: last smoke Nov. 8, '09 approx. 6 PM
CarlosII

You can count me in too. Sometime in 1984. Hypnosis worked for me.
Now, can anybody help me find all that money I saved when I quit???:confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I smoked for close to ten years. Decided one day that enough was enough. I used the patch for 2 weeks then went alone. That was 1/9/09. Have had one yet. Stay strong no matter what you think or feel the worst will pass.

·
Registered
393 Posts
psargeant:
Brown Hornet:
Montigre:
BOWGOD:
pragmatic_lee: last smoke Dec. 8, '09 approx. 6 PM
CarlosII
Prag Jr:last smoke December 10, 2009 apprx 7:45 p.m.

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
I've never been a smoker, but I quit Diet Mt. Dew in May of this year.. :wink:

All joking aside, quitting that stuff was just about as bad.. I never realized how intense my caffiene addiction really was.. :embara: I still have my last few bottles in the pantry as a trophy. :becky:

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
I think nicotine, and caffeine are easily the 2 hardest drugs to kick simply because most see no immediate consequences for their addiction. I walked away from all my other demons, and never looked back, but smokes have whooped me time, and time again. I quit one time for 5 months, and I have been kicking myself in the azz for the past 9 years for lighting up that first one.
Just like any other addiction 1 is too many, and 1,000,000 is never enough.

But I do think if we all stick together we can do it. There is strength in numbers, and just like any other recovery program a solid support system is a must.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts