Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
can I shoot it?
17,052 Posts
interesting test.
Say what you will about field and stream and outdoor life but those sister companies (magazines) are some of the very few that will actually rank and rack and stack gear. Most magazines are too worried about the continuing lack of sponsor's dollars in printed articles to actually rack and stack ANYTHING.

·
Registered
15,403 Posts
Interesting.
Seemed like a lot of failures? Or, at least too many?

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,206 Posts
Seems like a waste of perfectly good ribs. Wonder the ribs were uncooked or smoked. :)

·
Treetop Assassins
584 Posts
Say what you will about field and stream and outdoor life but those sister companies (magazines) are some of the very few that will actually rank and rack and stack gear. Most magazines are too worried about the continuing lack of sponsor's dollars in printed articles to actually rack and stack ANYTHING.
This. You never really know how unbiased any type of review is because humans have innate biases, but these always at least pass the sniff test for bows, broadheads, binos, etc. I already forget which, but one of the broadheads took a real bashing in this test. They basically said the equivalent of "don't buy it."

·
The Impartial Archer
18,805 Posts
Seems like a waste of perfectly good ribs. Wonder the ribs were uncooked or smoked. :)
Smoked or uncooked doesn't matter but having the hide & hair would matter a LOT for these tests......and it's not there. Better than shooting foam targets, steel drums and ply wood but if the hide and hair were on that would be a HUGE plus because it matters and all the game I have taken have it.........lol

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I thought is was a pretty cool test and quite revealing. I wasn't totally surprised but it was a little eye opening to see blades sheer off and break, especially the head that failed to even penetrate a rib.

·
Vendor
10,770 Posts
Not even close to enough heads tested to mean anything.

·
Registered
17,359 Posts
Every sik mech head I shot into a blob target last year the blades bent tiny bit and second shot they would not close/snap into position so I was surprised to see they found it to be an awesome head.

·
Registered
9,891 Posts
I've never seen a "scary sharp" Montec

·
Registered
161 Posts
Every sik mech head I shot into a blob target last year the blades bent tiny bit and second shot they would not close/snap into position so I was surprised to see they found it to be an awesome head.
I looked up Lusk's review and it did not do too well in his tests. I wonder if this is due to random variability (unfortunately a big factor in most tests) or if there is a meaningful difference between the materials used?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts