Archery Talk Forum banner

Field tip accurcy?

994 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  sawtoothscream
Can you guys sheare with me what kind of broadheads out there has field tip accurcy???

My rigg: Monster 6.0, 65# 28" 5575 gold tip xthunter arrows 5575spine
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Anti Fanboy
49,903 Posts
Many will if your bow is tuned properly. With that said, the best flying BH I have ever used even from a rig thats not tuned the best is a Slick Trick or even the Grizztrick.

74,554 Posts
Can you guys sheare with me what kind of broadheads out there has field tip accurcy???

My rigg: Monster 6.0, 65# 28" 5575 gold tip xthunter arrows 5575spine

Slick Trick 100 grn magnums and Trophy Taker Terminal T or Shuttle T are darn close. It all in how you tune your bow and tune the arrows. ASD arrow sqauring tool really helps. Montec solid BH shoot like field points.
DB

· Registered
589 Posts
It has been said, but any broad head will fly true out of a properly tuned bow. Once I admitted that to myself a lot of my frustrations disappeared and my shooting improved ... A little more effort and a lot more satisfaction

· Registered
14,406 Posts
It has been said, but any broad head will fly true out of a properly tuned bow. Once I admitted that to myself a lot of my frustrations disappeared and my shooting improved ... A little more effort and a lot more satisfaction
This is true under perfect conditions. Those bigger less forgiving heads will still be more prone to planing on a bad release, cross winds, etc. Large helical fletching will help with a bad release, but will make a cross wind even more problematic. You just have to weigh all the benefits and disadvatages, consider the game you are hunting, where you are hunting, and choose the best head for that given scenario.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx guys, i was told at practice shooting today that i should try an sett the draw weight at 60# and if i still had problem with bh accurcy i should try 7595 spine!

The bh i have tryed are rocket stealhead 100grain

· Registered
25,353 Posts
smoke ramcats and magnus buzzcuts fly great for my. fired a field tip at 30 yrds then cut the fletchings off withthe ramcat. buzzcuts seem to always it the spot your aiming.

i will use both of these anyday

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.