Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right folks, Twin Oaks will have their final shoot this weekend, Sept.10th & 11th. They have had their doors open to the archery public for at least 8+ years and provided a lot of great fun and laughs for the archers of central VA.
Please come out this weekend to help make their last shoot a big one. Countless hours have been dedicated to mowing, trimming, pounding and pulling stakes, setting and taking down targets to give people a place to come and enjoy themselves for the last 8+ years.
A challenging and fun course will be set to hone your skills for the upcoming archery season. There will also be a special blind shot at the end to test your shooting skills.

Hope to see a bunch of people there for the final shoot.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
I'll be there Bob ,Sat morning around 8 .I hope you can make it .

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,525 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you guys are closing up but I'll be chasing elk in Colorado this weekend.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the bad spelling in the title. Farewell:cool:
I'm sorry to hear you guys are closing up but I'll be chasing elk in Colorado this weekend.
Best of luck to you out there.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
I even put another pin on my sight ,I hope to get it sighted in today .

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It's been a great ride the past 8 or so years as a partner in running Twin Oaks Archery. Myself and John have met and made many good friends through this venture. I would like to thank all of the folks that have been out over the years to shoot with us for their support. I will miss those cold January shoots where everyone is sharing stories of their recent hunting success or missed opportunites. With that being said, I hope to see as many of the above mentioned folks as possible this weekend. For those of you that are going to be unable to join us this weekend, best wishes and I hope you have a great hunting season.

T. Eagle

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
too long of a drive for me to make it this weekend but thanks for all the fun times You all are a great bunch of guys.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
There will also be a special blind shot at the end to test your shooting skills.

Hope to see a bunch of people there for the final shoot.
Do you have the blindfold yet, or can we just close our eyes?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Plan to be there on Saturday morning. Hate to see another great place to shoot gone. Come on out everyone, let's make this one a big turnout!!!

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have the blindfold yet, or can we just close our eyes?
Yea, a blindfold will be provided. Terry was crying that he hasn't beat any of us so we're trying to level the playing field for him--of course he doesn't have to wear it to keep it fair.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Friend :rolleyes:
:tongue: Ah. Bring one of those new bows out Saturday so we can shoot it.

Targets are set with only some mowig to be done. There are some new shots to be discovered so come ready for some for some new looks.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Can't wait to get back on to the course this Sunday...sad that I only got to enjoy Twin Oaks for 2 years but boy were they fun...from listening to the tales of Leo Wiegand, winning my first 1st place plaque, and making many good friends I will never forget the fun I've had. To everyone if you can make the trip please come out and support this great group of people in what has been there passion for these last 8+ years by shooting the final Twin Oaks course. See you guys this weekend.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Looks like the the weather is going to be great for this weekend, so come on out and watch ole Bo Boob get the beating of his life

·
Registered
473 Posts
I will second that,(A GREAT PLACE TO SHOOT) this has truely been a great place to shoot along with getting help and advice from fellow archers. Myself and whole family starting shooting at Twin Oaks and what a story that was, I thank yall for what yall have done, and will miss coming out and shooting the bull along with some arrows. I plan on having a good size group for the last shoot so see ya there sunday morn.

·
Master Class
8,199 Posts
We just had one of our clubs up here in Western Pa close its doors to 3D Archery after 20 years. Allegeny Valley Sportsmans Assocation-- A.V.S.A near Tionesta,Pa. They sold all there animals last weekend. All the fellows doing the work are all getting up in there years and theres no new blood to help out. Price of repairing and buying targets is surely getting out of hand also. Everyone is still charging $10 to shoot and there lucky to break even. Charge anymore and no one comes.
Sorry to hear you boys are loosing your 3d range also.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts