Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all readers/potential responders, I have finally purchased a bow after three months of reading every article and review I could find! I appreciate all the responses to my previous questions; pretty much everyone agreed that it is up to the individual...they were right! It's funny, but I ended up buying the one bow I had initially decided to stay away from (the "Switchback XT Challenge" really does work). Most guys I know (regardless of what bow they shoot) agreed that I would probably opt for it in the long run. The XT was the very last bow I shot but it was the most memorable. I really liked the Ross series and even the Illusion, but the XT won me over in a dead heat.

All that being said, here is my current set up (29", 70 lbs):

Switchback XT
Trophy Ridge Dropzone Rest (Right Hand)
Doinker A-Bomb 10" Multi-Rod Stabilizer
Scott Little Goose Release
Winner's Choice String

Now my big question is whether or not I can confidently order arrows online or should I pay extra for a pro shop? I have been trying to learn as much about weight/spine/fletching options as I can, but I was wondering if anyone can give solid advice. I am a hunter first and foremost but I would eventually like to get into some form of competition (when the budget is rebuilt). I am hunting in thick brush in LA and I rarely attempt shots over 30 yards.

Thanks for any help anyone could send my way.

Keith

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Down load the Easton shaft selector programe and while you are there down load the tuning guide as well . That would be a reasonable starting point.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have purchased many arrows online and have had no problem with them as long as you know the company and their terminology, some want you to give them a measurement including the whole knock, some to the knock groove and some ask for measurement without the knock. With my last dozen arrows I thought that I should be supporting the local guy, so I went down to my shop and had them set me up. The main thing is to figure exactly what you want (which can be a bigger deal than choosing the bow) On Target Software helps tremendously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts