Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my final two sets hung and trimmed out today..Season here starts Oct 1 and I am usually done by the middle of August but when you have 14 different sets to get ready and are doing it alone it is becoming more of a chore every season. I am only 36 now but jeez talk about being tired and sore by the end of the day.. I am lucky and have one parcel that is about 200 acres that I have 9 stands and 2 ground blinds. My other property is small only about 30 acres with 3 stands..I have the luxury of leaving many of them up at the end of the season but I still find myself scouting and moving stands yearly..Add all the trimming and changing straps for the stands, tree sticks, etc..But it is all part of the game and is something I will never get sick of..Wishing you all a safe and successful season..Next 4 weeks waiting are going to be torture..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I definitely feel your pain, as Im in Indiana and our season opens the 1st as well. to make it even worse my son's last football game is that day as well. So I have to wait till the second to start my season. Ive taken up squirrel hunting this year :) gets me out in the woods, and Ive been seeing some deer too. but that just makes it all that much harder in truth. Oh well it will be here before I'm 100% ready Im sure. Good luck.

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
It's a lot of work, now drink a cold one :)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I am definitely going to be adding one to my arsenal for sure..Still several spots I'd like to get to on my property but not worth putting up sticks and a portable
Good job. You're all set for the season.

May be time to think about a climber.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Im.the same way i hang sets all year long the are freakin nice come time to hunt, no carrying climbers and no more back pain lol congrats my man, your time will pay off

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 aspirin before and 6 beers after!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts