Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
team whacknstack
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last June I ordered a Quietkat from a local dealer that never showed up. Got me to looking at other options when I ran across Butch at Extreme Outdoor ebikes. He builds a custom bike that I got a lot more bang for my buck. Bike arrived Monday eve and within an hour I was on my 1st ride. I got this bike for 2 reasons, exercise and hunting. Day 1 I rode 9 miles and I pedaled a few miles with no power, pedal assist a few miles and throttled a few, day 2 I rode 12 miles and pedal assist all of on the lowest setting(my hiney was real sore at this point. Today I rode about 10 miles and put it through the hunting test and got into some muck. The bike is a mid drive with 8 speeds and boosting 1600w. Front shock , a 52a 17ah battery pack, hydraulic brakes, tube liners, smaller driver sprocket and and larger cassette gears for more torque. The bike is a beast and will take some getting use to in the timber. Very pleased with this bike for 3400$ . Look him up on FB under Extreme Outdoor Ebikes or give him a call at 301-800-8301.....also looking for recommendations on a better seat lol did I mention my tail is sore, lol takes some getting use to but I would like to try a suspension seat.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,474 Posts
So last June I ordered a Quietkat from a local dealer that never showed up. Got me to looking at other options when I ran across Butch at Extreme Outdoor ebikes. He builds a custom bike that I got a lot more bang for my buck. Bike arrived Monday eve and within an hour I was on my 1st ride. I got this bike for 2 reasons, exercise and hunting. Day 1 I rode 9 miles and I pedaled a few miles with no power, pedal assist a few miles and throttled a few, day 2 I rode 12 miles and pedal assist all of on the lowest setting(my hiney was real sore at this point. Today I rode about 10 miles and put it through the hunting test and got into some muck. The bike is a mid drive with 8 speeds and boosting 1600w. Front shock , a 52a 17ah battery pack, hydraulic brakes, tube liners, smaller driver sprocket and and larger cassette gears for more torque. The bike is a beast and will take some getting use to in the timber. Very pleased with this bike for 3400$ . Look him up on FB under Extreme Outdoor Ebikes or give him a call at 301-800-8301.....also looking for recommendations on a better seat lol did I mention my tail is sore, lol takes some getting use to but I would like to try a suspension seat.
I would defintily get a good adjustable suspension seat with possibly a gel cover since you will probably not be wearing gel bike shorts. That way when you butt slides on the seat it will not chaff and your pants will not wear out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice set up. I have an M2S and the same cart. I haven’t came up with a solid mounting option for the cart. What did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
team whacknstack
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice set up. I have an M2S and the same cart. I haven’t came up with a solid mounting option for the cart. What did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This bolted to the cart and an eye boot to the back of the rack

Reactions: chadmorgan33

·
team whacknstack
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Reactions: chadmorgan33

·
Vendor
10,767 Posts
The suspension seats are awesome.

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
Very nice ride. I have the same hauler. Made a couple mods for bike to set deeper in holder.
Drill out rivets, remove far right cross member, and slide left one against next cross member.
No pins needed.
20210320_092411.jpg

Reactions: rutman

·
Registered
15,828 Posts
Is he buying bikes and then installing a Bafang kit?

·
Registered
15,828 Posts

·
team whacknstack
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is he buying bikes and then installing a Bafang kit?
He buys a frame and then all the parts, uses very good components, he can program the motor to fit your needs, I think it’s 750-1600w ...thanks for the seat tip!!

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,469 Posts
You can buy the best kit on the market right now for a little over $900 from Luna....

Keep in mind, the motor isn't the only conversion....trust me when I said that a motor without upgraded braking system is a recipe for a trouble.

A buddy converted an older model Gary Fisher Marlin...with the BBSHD mid-drive kit (~$700) not the Ultra motor....and Tektro Auriga Hydraulic breaks with 180mm calipers on both front and rear and a Panasonic

When he took the first ride he had less than $900 invested and had a pretty top shelf ride. He eventually upgraded to a 26"/4.5" tubeless rim/tire combo with Maxxis Minion FBRs that have been AWESOME (a little pricey I think he had close to $350 in the rim/tire comb).

It's not super difficult to build one, but like anything else done well, should have time invested in the initial planning as some frames accept the mods a lot better than others. There is a TON of great info available on-line and I know several who converted mountain bikes that they hadn't ridden in years. I helped two buddies and in my humble opinion, the mid-drives were a little easier to put together than the hub drives, especially with wiring, power, etc....

I have been enamored with the M2S AT Ultra HT, under $3k for the Bafang Ultra mid-drive, very good components when compared to others in that price range.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nice bike. And I know this thread is about the bike....
I hope you own the planted muddy field you rode through destroying the crops. It's not much damage but that's the type of move that encourages a farmer to install no trespassing signs.

·
team whacknstack
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice bike. And I know this thread is about the bike....
I hope you own the planted muddy field you rode through destroying the crops. It's not much damage but that's the type of move that encourages a farmer to install no trespassing signs.
Ahhhh new the ethics patrol would be all over this, what you see there is a cover crop but I appreciate the input🙄.....ya think my farmer was worried about my single track with his big track tractor dug a trench through it?

·
team whacknstack
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can buy the best kit on the market right now for a little over $900 from Luna....

Keep in mind, the motor isn't the only conversion....trust me when I said that a motor without upgraded braking system is a recipe for a trouble.

A buddy converted an older model Gary Fisher Marlin...with the BBSHD mid-drive kit (~$700) not the Ultra motor....and Tektro Auriga Hydraulic breaks with 180mm calipers on both front and rear and a Panasonic

When he took the first ride he had less than $900 invested and had a pretty top shelf ride. He eventually upgraded to a 26"/4.5" tubeless rim/tire combo with Maxxis Minion FBRs that have been AWESOME (a little pricey I think he had close to $350 in the rim/tire comb).

It's not super difficult to build one, but like anything else done well, should have time invested in the initial planning as some frames accept the mods a lot better than others. There is a TON of great info available on-line and I know several who converted mountain bikes that they hadn't ridden in years. I helped two buddies and in my humble opinion, the mid-drives were a little easier to put together than the hub drives, especially with wiring, power, etc....

I have been enamored with the M2S AT Ultra HT, under $3k for the Bafang Ultra mid-drive, very good components when compared to others in that price range.
So you sayin I coulda done better for less?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The electric bikes sure change the game. I use mine for the WMA's down in Florida.
I have a Rad Rover, their price tag is much lower - $1600. It is a beast too, have definitely pushed it to its limits. Highly recommend getting one if you hunt public land.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Man thats awesome could you send me pics and or info on the 4" fat tire bike you build or buy with 1600 watt mid drive with at least a 52volt 17.5 ah battery with 40amp bms,suspension fork,hydraulic brakes, tube liners, colored display,rear rack,fenders,smaller drive sprocket and larger cassette, powdercoated frame any color you want and built in the united states for less then 3400. I'd be interested in buying one for sure!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts