Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys she finally did it, my girlfriend went out and got herself her first bow! She told me that I was more excited than she was when we were getting it lol We went up to Bass and Bucks in Wabash, Indiana and they set her up with a very nice bow. It's a Parker Sidekick XP, and let me tell ya, this is a sweet shooting bow, and not to mention pretty fast for only 40#! They took the time to set her up and get her shooting groups in only minutes. They were very, very nice, and down to earth with you, I would highly recommend anybody who is within a few hours of Bass and Bucks to at least go and check them out. They have an awesome 50 yard indoor range with countless targets. As soon as she comes over tonight I will have some pics up! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Good job on getting your girlfriend started into archery. My girlfriend started shooting last year and It is great to be able to shoot and spend time together at the same time.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Ok now, try not to overwhelm her with stuff about this and that in archery...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Me and the wife enjoy shooting 3D together.we try to hit different courses.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
congrads. I'm in the process right now of trying to get my g/f involved in the sport also. She's all for it she just said she needs to save a little money first. Her birthday is coming up so I think I'm just going to suprise her with a new bow.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Great deal on getting her into archery. I got my wife started and we are planning on shooting her first tournament next week. It gives us some extra time together now, since I don't go away to practice alone any more.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Congrats!! I love having my wife shoot with me, she does moe 3D shooting than hunting... There are a couple downfalls though!! Although I always out score her, she places higher in the womans bracket.. plus if you have a spot hogg, why doesnt she have one!!!
But seriously I wouldnt trade shootin partners for anything!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
i got my wife into archery a few years ago and now she is out shooting me on occasion. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Alright, here are the pictures that I promised I would post up. This is only her second day shooting, so were still working on her form and everything, but overall she is doing very well and keeping pretty good groups.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agreed!! How did you get her into doing it ive been trying for awhile now and still nothing!?
Consistancy my friend, consistancy lol

No, seriously, she just started to show some interest in archery from watching me and she told me that she was tired of retrieving my arrows haha Now its my turn. :wink:

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
I'm on the same path, trying to get my gf to try archery so we can shoot together. Think I'm going to take the $$$ Uncle Sam sends me and get her a Diamond Edge. Then let her ease into it. She says she'd like to try it so we'll see...at least 3D..no hunting for her (her choice)...

Congrats :darkbeer:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Congrats on getting your girlfriend into archery. My boyfriend got me into it last may and I love it. And that is something we both really enjoy doing together. It can really make a relationship stronger for sure. Tell her to just relax and enjoy it. And get her over to the womens forum. All the girls over there are really incouraging and helpful.

·
Registered
743 Posts
congrats

Yeah , that is awesome , my girlfriend finally got into archery, but my wife didn't like it too much:eek:

No j/k, that is cool, I have been trying to get my wife into it for while. Good luck , JP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts