Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking forever to get the bow that was supposed to be in that week I put money down and turned out being nearly 4 weeks, then having guy totally screw up setting whole bow up, then having the shop I took it to elsewhere to get tuned call and say my new rest needed replaced bc it wouldn't drop normal speed, getting original shop to swap out for new rest and getting the second shop to finally tune it today for me. Was getting very displeased bc of how it was going but hoping today I can finally start shootings this bow without needing to worry about anything as far as tuning goes. At 68 pounds, 30 inches, shooting 295 fps with a 427 grain XT Hunter 300. Not a speed guy and could careless. It's plenty fast for me to deer hunt with.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me when I bought my Bow last year. I learned where not to go, but I wound up finding a jam up shop that is awesome. I am going to buy a new bow from this shop soon, I shot the Triax and may be switching over to Mathews, that bow is sweet.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the same thing happen to me when I bought my Bow last year. I learned where not to go, but I wound up finding a jam up shop that is awesome. I am going to buy a new bow from this shop soon, I shot the Triax and may be switching over to Mathews, that bow is sweet.
I ended up buying from a shop closer to me that was $150 less than the shop I ended up taking it back on. Bought several guns from that store but first bow I've bought from them. I wish I had shot the triax before buying the 32 just to be sure on it but I really didn't try picking one up just bc I'm a 30" draw. After hearing all these people saying it shoots good at 30" makes me want to shoot one to see but I'm liking this 32 so far

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
It happens. Ya live and ya learn. I've had these experiences and it's not fun. Ruined my deer season in 2012!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
That's exactly why I started to time my own bows. It is really hard to find a good bow shop to really tune a bow, or at least around where I live.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
851 Posts
Same here. Anyone know of a good Mathews tuner in the Milwaukee area?
Theres a mathews dealer buy cabelas in richfield. Not sure how good they are.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,134 Posts
Best thing you could do is start buying the equipment needed to do your own work. Learn to do it yourself and never look back.

·
Registered
379 Posts
that's exactly why I do everything myself now, I know only one shop in NY where I live that's any bit decent at tuning Mathews or any bow he carries, down side is you have to deal with his freaking attitude and a three hour drive. The other shops in my area only like to do work the way they want to do it, not how the owner of the bow wants it done. I once wanted to open a shop myself but I don't want to turn into one of those pricks I have to deal with that tell me and my hunting buddies "well that's not how I like to do it" when it comes to anything like how to serve a peep sight in or tie in a rest. We are the paying customer, just do it as we want it done, its our bows anyway. So I just started doing it all myself, so I know its done the way I want it and I have no one to blame for it being done wrong if it breaks. been doing it on my own now for three years now get commended at least a couple of times a year on how the work on my bows look and love doing it

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
I thought Mathews was so awesome it didn't need tuning?????

Really sorry you had such trouble. I hope you luck changes and its a great bow for you.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
If u don't mind me asking what shops did u use.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
Learn how to tune your bow your self just need to buy some equipment. A perfectly tuned bow may not stay that way if you shoot a lot. All the questions you may have
can be answered by reading or asking here o AT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts