Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
bowaholic
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long anticipated wait it's finally here and it turned out better than I thought it would. So here it is. It's hard to tell from the pics but I went with the flat black limbs and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
Now that's sweet :D

Enjoy that sucker.....I really wish my Katera was a target color. :cry:

·
bowaholic
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be sure and let her know she needs to get on it,then I'll make sure I'm going somewhere. Yea I think I may go get everything set on it as far as timing and draw and such as long as the weather will co-operate.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Is it storming there? We are hunkered down over here. So much for the weatherman's call that we'll be dry until midday :eek:

·
bowaholic
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it's actually going north of us and hammering Jackson and places around there. Looks like it's tracking right for you guys, maybe it will turn and go north of you.

·
bowaholic
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speaking of the Katera I shot the AM 35 yesterday while I was waiting on ups to bring my bow and man it brought back memories of my vectrix xl. May have to part with the ultra and try one out since I have the contender now.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Speaking of the Katera I shot the AM 35 yesterday while I was waiting on ups to bring my bow and man it brought back memories of my vectrix xl. May have to part with the ultra and try one out since I have the contender now.
Don't part with the UE just yet. Not until you're 1000% sure the CE is a shooter. :zip:

·
bowaholic
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't part with the UE just yet. Not until you're 1000% sure the CE is a shooter. :zip:
Oh I hear you I may not even get rid of it but just had a thought. It's hard to find the crimson red ones and I really like the red so I may just hang on to it. May just have to save up for another one instead of selling one.:eek:

·
bowaholic
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I finally got to go out and give it a test drive yesterday and so far I'm reaaaaly liking it. I just took the B-stingers off my ultra and threw them on it with all the same weights and it was holding really good. I may have to tweak the draw just a little bit but I'm gonna hold off on it for a bit. I'm gonna try and get out tomorrow and try it out again to see if the first time magic is still there.:D

·
I'll be your huckleberry
2,180 Posts
I love my CE. The combo of a good ATA, solid wall with the spirals, and a not too bad a brace height make this bow a shooter. Although I have not got to shoot a field tourny this year (will next weekend if work permits) but I have shot my best rounds with this bow. A 539 and a half round field of 274 BHFS.

It took a little getting used to after shooting the VE for 6 months, but I love it.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
contender elite

Let's see, you got it on April 30 and test drive it on May 8. Must be tough having to work for a living.

I want to come over there and shoot sometime when you're not too busy. Like to put my hands on that new bow too, if that's ok.

·
bowaholic
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I'm kinda ready to get down to Huntsville next weekend to try it out on the 900 round. Yea between helping coach my daughters softball team and everything else it's hard to squeeze in shooting time. I just got my new fatboys cut for the ultra elite but who knows when I'll get to try them out. Ernest you can shoot it whenever you want and as much as you want just send me a pm when you get ready.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts