Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got a camera out (actually 2) i pulled one card and got a few pics. my nighttime pics are difficult to see, so i'll just include a couple of daytime pics. small bucks, one is broken, and one is missing a few tines. hopefully he'll get that corrected in a couple of years.

·
preparation>opportunity
3,074 Posts
well they take nice pics in the daylight, I have trouble with my moultrie I40 never wanting to take colored photos.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
nice pics

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the pics at night are ok, i just dont have any real good deer posing for them. i do, however, have this one. look carefully over the does head, just above her left ear. there is a buck bedded, and his rack is on both sides of that little tree..

·
Registered
789 Posts
I also just got some cameras. Well I got them for Christmas about 2 or 3 years ago but never put out until this year. I am very surprised at the quality of the pics. I will try and post some. I am new to archery talk and trying to get back into bow hunting. I had to leave the sport due to shoulder problems, but I had surgery and think that I will be able to do it again. SUNP0197.jpg

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have Wildview camera, for the money I am very impressed at the quality of pics that it takes. They came in a combo pack of 2 cameras for $99 bucks. There are some cameras that cost up to $250 for one camera. I do not have that kind of money to invest in viewing the deer herds. So what is the best camera for the money?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wouldve never noticed that buck bedded down. Good catch
i have several pics of him walking around right before he bedded. i have my cam set to take 3 pics, so its kinda cool to catch them "walking' across the frame. when you look at the entire series, you can see his head turn to watch the buck walk across the screen. then he lifts his head again later to watch the doe. its pretty neat to watch

·
Registered
789 Posts
Cooperjd, What kind of cameras are you using I really like the quality of pics? Have you had them out long enough to get an idea of how long the battery life is?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cooperjd, What kind of cameras are you using I really like the quality of pics? Have you had them out long enough to get an idea of how long the battery life is?
pinger i have 2 cameras. the one above is a bushnell trophy cam 5mp, that i recently picked up from cabelas on sale for 130. i dont see them on the website currently. that one has 24 infrared LED's.

i also have an 8mp trophy cam out, i will hopefully get some pics from it tomorrow. it has 32 LEDs, and if i set it to 8mp, should take better pics. but i may have set it to 5mp as well to save on card space. i have not had them out long enough to tell you about battery life. although my friends with these cameras say they last for months.

i will tell you that on the normal sensitivity setting, the camera above took over 600 pics on 4 days from a lot of moving leaves (100 deer pics). then it took another 100 in the next 2 days, until i turned the sensitivity down. and the battery still shows full power. i have it set on 3 pics, since i have a large memory card in it.

these cams also take video, which i will turn on on the way to my stand, just in case ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts