Archery Talk Forum banner

Finally got that monkey off my back!

760 Views 12 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  IowaSwitchback
Here in PA certain WMU's have an early doe season open for 2 or 3 weeks before the state wide Archery season opens. well I had hunted at least 4 times without seeing a tail while I was hunting and was beginning to get frustrated. Not that I didn't see deer, i mean I saw them when driving up the driveway going in, saw them while hanging my stand, saw them driving home, even when I took a break in the middle of the day to refill a corn feeder.(literally left the woods after not seeing a deer, put my bow in the truck, grabbed the corn and headed back to my stand which is where the feeder is and there was a doe standing there looking at me. "you have got to be kidding me") just never when i had my bow or when i could hunt. Well yesterday i saw all day except when i got down to eat and hit the bathroom maybe an hour or two, again hadn't seen a deer until 6pm, a big doe came out of the thicket headed away from me at 100 yards. I bleeted 3 times and she looked back and started to make a indirect loop back towards me. It looked as if she might not give me a clear shot but she ended up at 15 yards broadside and I laid it to her. She didn't got but 10 after that. I also saw a 1.5 yr old 6 point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Congrats

· Registered
3,555 Posts
Congrats on the doe :thumbs_up
Score another for team 6 :cool:
What broadhead did you use?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.